Are the earlier Redwall books the best?

Started by HashRouge, July 27, 2011, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall rules

I really think they are all really good but I should not get a say as I have not read all of them  :)
Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo

WildDoogyPlumm

I never read them in order, so I don't know about earlier vs. later books.  Sure, there were books I liked and books I didn't, but whether that has any connection to the order of the books I don't know.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwall rules

Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo

Redwaller

The early ones until Pearls of Lutra are the best! After that, it's pretty much the same(I'm now reading Lord Brocktree, so i'm talking of the books between this one and Pearls of Lutra)

Redwallfan7

Brian's strongest book is Mossflower, in my opinion. After I read it when I got it from the library, I immediately loved the plot, character development, and the final battle in the third book. I own a soft cover edition of Mossflower. I love all of them, but Mossflower is what really got me started on the series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Orinoco

I liked all the books, but the earlier ones are special. There isn't as much heavy stereotyping. For example, in Mossflower, Martin was ready to help that old searat, who was already dead on the shore. I can't really recall any other instances where a goodbeast was so willing to help a vermin. Also, the characters seem to act more animal-like.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

AxeHound

Stereotyping... Remember in Redwall when Constance says that she thinks that Cluny's horde are especially bad and evil rats and the Redwallers get all indignant? I always thought that part was funny.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Orinoco

Quote from: AxeHound on November 17, 2012, 06:17:50 PM
Stereotyping... Remember in Redwall when Constance says that she thinks that Cluny's horde are especially bad and evil rats and the Redwallers get all indignant? I always thought that part was funny.

I smile at that part every time. If only they could have stayed that way throughout the whole series.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Skipper

I think The Taggerung could have been improved by some Juska tribe (like Ruggan Bors) attacking Redwall, I think it would have been more intresting since the juska tribe are new it would have been a good oppertunity to introduce new weapons or tactics.

Lord Gorath

;D   I think some of the older books, such as Lord Brocktree , The Long Patrol , and Martin The Warrior
really are a lot better. Course, I've only read 8 Redwall books.

Redwallfan7

Really I can't rank the books in order from the greatest to the least greatest, because to me they all have their strengths.

Ungatt Trunn

I actully think that he inproved on his Redwall books as time passed.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca