News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Mossflower (the book)

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 30, 2011, 04:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I just wanted a place to discuss anything in the book Mossflower. Personally, I think it's awesome. I am reading it to my mum and sister, and I just read the bit where (spoiler) Boar dies. :'( It was awesome.  :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

It is probably my favorite book. To me it really begins the series. I don't know why but Martin the Warrior always seemed like a prologue to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Martin the Warrior, I just think Mossflower is what I consider the beginning of Redwall. Some of the other books I really enjoy, maybe even more then Mossflower. But, it has a special place in my heart because it was one of the first books I read.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Lutra

Mossflower has always been a favorite of mine because you are able to learn more about Martin, and the actual creation of the abbey, and it wasn't as simple as traveling south and founding a new order (as Martin concluded in MTW).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

The thing I like about Mossflower so much is that everything's backwards. The bad guys are in the castle, and the good guys are trying to take over. Much like Martin the warrior
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Log-a-Log

I like Mossflower so much because it starts out very dark with all the woodlanders in poverty and the main character actually gets captured. I also like the otters and squirrels forming a guerilla army. It's my favorite book
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

I LOVE the otters and squirrels. ;D Love love love. @Log-a-log: I like the beginnning too. It is so good. I always like endings like that.  :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 30, 2011, 08:17:36 PM
The thing I like about Mossflower so much is that everything's backwards. The bad guys are in the castle, and the good guys are trying to take over. Much like Martin the warrior

Yeah. I always thought that was kinda weird. :-\
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Firewall978

I like to think that Martin the warrior was just a Prequel to Mossflower. But Mossflower would have to be my second or third favorite, due to the fact that Matthias was and is my favorite character in the whole series.

Cheesethief

Mossflower was my favorite for a while until i read the long patrol, I love the battle with the pike and the Gloomer

DanielofRedwall

It seems that Mossflower is rated highly on most Redwall fan's lists of their favourite books. The battle between Martin and Tsarmina has to be one of my all time favourite moments in Redwall. I also like the battle between Stormfin and the Gloomer.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gabe The Warrior

So far, Mossflower is my second favorite I think.. It's a tie between Mossflower and Redwall. I liked Mattimeo the best.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Tam and Martin

I love Mossflower! It is probably my favorite redwall book after Doomwyte, Triss, The Rogue Crew, Eulalia, and High Rhulain. My favorite part is the part when the Martin comes back from Salamandastron with the hares then theyt fight with their pikes  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Mossflower is my 4th favorite Redwall book, right behind Martin the Warrior, High Rhulian and Lord Brocktree. I think that BJ put a lot of heart into writing it. It has that magical feeling that every fantasy author tries to achieve. Its a really great book!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

I like all the fighting in it. ANd the Otters and squirrels and Martin and Gonff and- I love that book!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 04, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
Mossflower is my 4th favorite Redwall book, right behind Martin the Warrior, High Rhulian and Lord Brocktree. I think that BJ put a lot of heart into writing it. It has that magical feeling that every fantasy author tries to achieve. Its a really great book!

Aye, it vaz ze zecond book in ze zeriez, an' vaz written right after 'e decided tae make Redwall a zeriez, instead o' juzt vone book. It vaz alzae ze book vhere 'e eztablizhed much o' ze Redwall Univerze, much more zan ze original book. Zalamandaztron, more o' Mozzflover, Loamhedge, etc...
Aw ze nev characterz vere vonderful. Boar ze Fighter, Tzarmina, Martin, Gonff, etc...
Overaw it vaz a great book!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.