News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

An Osu Fanfiction Contest of Hareish Proportions :D (Closed!)

Started by Osu, December 15, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

So does this mean the scores will be up tomorrow? Two days from now? Three days? A year!? Lol
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

@Leatho -- sure thing! :D

OKAY EVERYBODY. THIS IS THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. *dramatic drum roll*

THE FINAL SCORES. THEY ARE HERE!

YAY!

Let me just start out by saying this was seriously difficult to judge. You've all written wonderful, creative stories, and I'm so happy you've done so! You're all awesome, every one of you. Simply, completely fabulous. That is all.

So in third place we have~
The Last of the Long Patrol by Darkenmal!

Second place was all tied up, and so the placement goes, in no particular order, to~
The Tale of the Blademaster by Jukka the Sling, and
The Chronicle of Cornspurrey by Captain Tammo!

And last, but not least, first place goes to~
Honor's Colors by Leatho Shellhound!

Congratulations, everybody! Thanks so much for entering my contest and filling the fandom with hare fanfictions! You winners feel free to contact me any way you'd like at any time for your prizes, 'kay?

And now let us commence the after-contest party! :D *throws confetti, disco ball appears, Martin, Rose, and Grumm pop up as the live band, cookies appear everywhere* *EVERYWHERE*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

"CONGRATS EVERYBODY!!!"
*Proceeds to get hit by confetti* lol

Thanks for arranging this for us, Osu. It was a bunch of fun and it got me much more involved in this part of the forum! (I'll PM you my picture requests very soon, along with a special request I want to ask of you ;))

Btw I sent out some PM's congratulating all of you, so take a look and let's party!! XD
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Darkenmal

WHOOOO THE PARTY HAS BEGUN! *trips over chair, smashes face on table and falls unconcious*
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Leatho Shellhound

Wow!!! Thank you so much. I really wasn't expecting to place at all. with all the wonderful entries that were writen.

Well done every one!!! It has been a really fun.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Gonff the Mousethief

I agree with Osu, those were good fanfics! Congtratulations!! ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Good job, every one!

Now go read my fan fictions! ;D
*gets hit by numeral confetti poppers and cookie launchers.
(absolutely shameless self-promotion here; terrible person, aren't I?)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Osu

These cookie parties are always so rowdy. Did somebody spike the glitter with liquid condensed sugar? *eyes the ceiling* *gets liquid condensed sugar in eyes* HO HEY LET'S PAR-TAY DO THE CHICKEN DANCE ERRBODY!

And Skarzs, since the contest is over you can advertise all you want, haha. Once I'm sure everybody has said what they want to as far as the contest goes I'll lock the thread, so all y'all get your randomness in before then! XD

Captain Tammo

Well if you say so, Osu...

The Origins of Simon

[ACTION] [EERIE] [DRAMA] [ADVENTURE] [COMEDY] [SAD]

This is a fanfiction I wrote up over the course of three years. It was the grand prize winner of the first ever Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfiction Contest and has been reviewed by forum members as one of the greatest works to hit the forum (seriously!), comparable in quality to Brian Jacques himself! So if you're ever looking for a good fanfiction to read, go check it out ;)

<><><><><>

Back on the topic of the contest and cookie party now, I'm curious to see where people got their ideas from? What was the process you took to write your entry?

Osu

Hehehe.

Quote from: Captain Tammo on February 23, 2014, 09:19:49 PM
Back on the topic of the contest and cookie party now, I'm curious to see where people got their ideas from? What was the process you took to write your entry?
Ooh yes, this please! I'm super interested in learning more about how and why you guys wrote your stories!

Darkenmal

For mine I just wrote and created as I went along. I picked Tammo and wondered what would happen if he were to lose the battle instead of winning it. I thought it came out pretty good if I do say so myself. :)
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Leatho Shellhound

Well after seeing that lot's of people had written around the book The Long Patrol, I thought I'd choose a differant book.

Then I chose the last book b/c then I wouldn't have to think about the time frame very much.

And the story idea came quikely.

My other idea was to write on Laird Bosie McScutta of Bowlaynee from Doomwyte, but the highlander would have taken longer to write and I was running out of time.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

Before the contest, I had had this idea to write a fanfic with Buckler, a haremaid wanting her revenge (who later becomes his love interest), and Redwall actually getting conquered, and I'd begun writing it. But when I saw this contest I decided to make it a fic that left Redwall out and focused more on Buck and Blair. :D

And congrats to everybody who entered! I can't believe I placed as well as I did! :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

I initially wanted to do a story on Tammo (I know, big suprise!) but then decided to focus on a more minor character because we already know so much about Tammo. If I worked with a creature like Cornspurrey, I would be able to make my own history for him. I wanted to have the story a memory because then we learn more about Cornspurrey himself, rather than the creatures around him. Initially I was just about on top of the 3,000 word cap but I took some off to conserve that 1st person point of view. As far as the way the story was told, I pretty much just fired first then worried about aiming later. In all it took me about 2 hours to get it how I wanted it and inside the word cap. I'm glad to see that time paid off!