News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Refresh Button

Started by Coobreedan, August 07, 2011, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

Here's only a little idea, but we could have a refresh button.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Why would you need that when your browser has one?  ???  Just reload the page if you're interested in seeing if new posts have been made.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Coobreedan

I know, but it would be cool if we had one on this site, 'cos a lot of sites do. It's just a small idea.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Seems a bit redundant to have two refresh buttons.  I haven't seen a forum with one.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Excuse me sah!

Quote from: Lutra on August 07, 2011, 04:33:01 PM
Seems a bit redundant to have two refresh buttons.  I haven't seen a forum with one.

Quite. It seems a bit redundant when your hot-key to refresh is either F5 (On Windows), or Command + R. (On Macs.)

Gonff

There are people who aren't computer Guinness's and don't know the hot-keys. (Like me  ::))
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Excuse me sah!

Quote from: Gonff on August 07, 2011, 11:06:14 PM
There are people who aren't computer Guinness's and don't know the hot-keys. (Like me  ::))

But it's common sense!

Gonff

I would like to know them I just don't even know how to find out what they are.

As for a refresh button, I don't really need one because my browser has one.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Tiria Wildlough

I never need to refresh. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

The only time I do is when I'm waiting for someone else to post on Count as high as possible before a mod. posts  ;D

The Lady Shael

Just like other people have mentioned, we don't really have a need for a forum refresh button. Whenever I want to refresh the board index, I actually just use the "home" button at the top, or I click the "redwallabbey.com" link (with the little folder next to it). And of course, like previously stated, you can always use your browser refresh button, or the fail-safe "F5" button on your keyboard (so many choices!).

Thanks for your suggestion though.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Trigoma

omg u gotta be kidding me. the multis have found the forums. mods get your ban hammers :(
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lily

It's best to just use the Report to Moderator button and then ignore the spam bots. The posts will be deleted as soon as possible.

Trigoma

:O no wai! seiously though i didnt see tht "report to mod button" cool cool ty (Y)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman