Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this is a good idea?

Yep!
35 (85.4%)
Nope.
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Jukka the Sling

Could the staff make another rank higher up than hero member, like, when we hit 1,000 posts? There are quite a few members who have over 1,000 posts, and several others who have nearly that many. Just a suggestion. I saw an old topic like this, but nothing ever came of it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

ya, that would be cool. it could be called Ultra Member or something
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Something above hero. Hmm. . . Legend?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Yeah, that's a good idea! How about......Constant Member? Legengary Member is good, too. If you've noticed, a lot of people don't come and stay long enough to get very far with post counts. Why, some of us get bored with the site, or don't have time, and a lot of the Newbie's just.....Disappear.

Rainshadow

An interesting idea.  Legendary Member sounds kinda cool.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

My post on 'Legend' member has sparked something.
Quote from: The Skarzs on March 25, 2014, 03:33:00 AM
Something above hero. Hmm. . . Legend?
^
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Not meaning to be a wet blanket here, but don't get your hopes up. This subject has been brought up numerous times but the mods have been very resistant on this topic so far.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I know, but if they were to ask for a name for a new rank, 'Legend' or Legendary' is what I would say.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

There is a very good reason the mods haven't added a new rank; it just isn't needed. We didn't need ranks in the first place. They're just a fun little thing. If more are added, it will make it seem like a bigger deal, which might cause some of the 'newbies' to be put out, and we can't have that.

DanielofRedwall

Honestly, I don't see a point to it. Ranks aren't really meant to mean anything much, and it might lead to people just posting spam to bump up their post count, which is really not ideal or encouraged.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 25, 2014, 04:39:37 PM
and a lot of the Newbie's just.....Disappear.

OMG! The gests are getting them!  :o
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Matthias720

As Daniel said, we want to encourage post quality over quantity. However, if we ever change the rankings, we will take these suggestions into consideration.

rachel25

If a new rank ever is made, I think Legendary is cool.  8)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Agreed viz boz pointz. Tvid be major tae 'ave juzt vone more rank after 'ero Member, but ah alzae underztand an' zink zat ve zhould encourage quality over quantity vhenever pozzible. May'apz, (If tiz ever conzidered) ze Legendary Member or votever it vid end up bein' could be for an 'oigher pozt count zan 2000, zay may'apz- 5000?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.