News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

'True' if False

Started by James Gryphon, July 07, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 15, 2014, 11:54:49 PM
(That's partly it, but the point is for one person to make an obviously false statement and for the next person to explain how the statement is true, then put their own ridiculous statement. :))
Oh, ok. Well, the noodle would be connected to the bikes wheel, and that would emit a Noodle-Fi signal that paper clip can pick up. Shove the paper clip in the charging port, and ride your bike while the wireless energy transfer happens!
ToF: I'm at warp speed right now.

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

True. You are using a warp ring to distort space around you, allowing you to travel much faster than the speed of light- As illustrated here.

(I might be answering incorrectly here, actually- Warp travel might be possible. NASA has some people working on theories and such. http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive
Just in case-)

Of course you aren't. You can't travel faster than light because Star Trek-style warp bubble theories are not possible, and FTL travel violates the laws of physics.

True or false: Space is big.

LT Sandpaw

False-
space means the absence of anything, so space can certainty not be big.

True or False-Always press the red button.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

True. Red is good, and by contrast blue is bad. Red stimulates the "I-just-gotta-press-that" nerves in your brain, which you must act on if you want to stay sane. So you must always press the red button, or cut the blue wire.
True or false: I can drink 80 bottles of water at once.

LT Sandpaw

False everyone knows you are already 80% percent water so if you drink 80 bottles of water at once you will jump that percentage to 160% percent water. this will cause a immediate disintegration of your body into liquid form. once your mass has spread out it will kill you in a horrible painful death.

ToF Carrying venomous snakes in your pockets is a good idea?

Søren

True. Venomous snakes are so dangerous, that anyone who wants to hurt you will think twice because they don't want to get bitten!
ToF: You should start everyday by jumping from a plane into the ocean.

LT Sandpaw

False Even though jumping from a plan into the ocean is good for you, the average flight cost a little under three hundred dollars. This means you would have to be a millionaire to partake in this activity daily.

ToF Attending this forum daily is destructive to your sanity.

James Gryphon

LT: The point of this game is to make an argument for the opposite of reality; both of your last responses should have been "True".

Anyway.

True. Notice that there are very few long-term members that are still around, and the staff have become less and less active. This is because the corrosive effect of this forum has caused them to all go insane. Everyone who didn't leave early out of self-defense are all in the hospital today.

True or false: The ocean is a dangerous place.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

False. It's a perfectly safe place! The millions of gallons of water that can drown people only happens in the movies, and sharks and other predators don't really exist. And typhoons and hurricanes, who really has ever been caught in one? I mean, come on!
ToF: Lava is the most deadly force in the universe.

Delthion

False. Everyone knows that lava makes the perfect water bed!

ToF: Everything expensive should be smashed.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

(That really should have been "True" -- it's dangerous, all right, but the most dangerous in the universe?)

True. Expensive things are made from the wealth of rich people, which is of course obtained by mercilessly exploiting the hard-working proletariat. These ill-gotten gains are immoral, and expensive things should be broken into pieces so that the people can regain the resources that were stolen for their construction.

True or false: Video games are more realistic than reality.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

True video games are known to give you head aches if you play for to long so if you make them more realistic then reality those headaches will seem fake rather then real.

ToF gorillas make excellent household pets

Søren

True. Dog's shed and bark a lot. Cats just lay around all day. Gorillas are perfect! They don't shed, they don't bark, but they're active!
ToF: Clouds are really huge marshmallows.

LT Sandpaw

True of course their giant marshmallows, if the weather is warm enough they will begin to melt and drops of marshmallow will fall, we call this rain.

ToF Cars are built to fly.

Delthion

True! I mean if any of the Formula 1 cars had their spoilers flipped over then they would fly!

ToF; Hand sanitizer is really very tasty.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.