Rebuilding Mossflower Country Steampunk Roleplay

Started by Thomas Barkshield, September 20, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: The carrier pigeons are as big as anyone else, just FYI. Its fine though, a jobs a job. (For the pigeon) And just so everyone knows, it does take a few day to get from place to place, even in an airship.

BIC: The work on the rails had been going smoothly for a few days so Rodger had convinced william to take some time off at St Ninians. The docks were unusually crowded for the small town which made the duo suspicious. Upon seeing the Steel fist docked at the town they began to get worried. Salamandastron didn't send warships on errands and pirate were already known to be around the area.

Jetthebinturong

David sat cross-legged at the prow of the Vicky's Revenge, his sketchbook balanced on his knee. He was doodling in it, as he was wont to do. Symbols that had little significance mixed in with those of great personal significance to stick-figures fighting, weapons, airships, general lines scribbled in places and eyes. To the average beast, it would look as if someone had just got bored and drawn random things on the page and that would be partly correct but the book was the young cat's way of recording his thoughts, as things came to him he drew them out, often they made no sense, but that was what came of writing down your every thought. Dave closed the book and hung it on his belt, shoved his pencil into his pocket, stood up and prowled away across the deck, doodling could only go so far to ease boredom
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Unimaginative

Vlad had merely grunted in reply to Dregnar and continued his work. after they docked, he followed Dragnar to the fueling house.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

BlueRose

Shael grinned when he saw Dave prowling around. They hadn't left him behind. One never could tell, with Dave.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Izeroth

Hadrian walked up to William Pitt, who appeared concerned. "Hello, William. I was not sent here by Salamandastron, but by a fellow from the first shipping company. He was concerned about pirates around here. Surely you, a business beast, would understand the danger of pirates?"

Thomas Barkshield

"Indeed, they have been troubling us at the railway site." He replied. "What particular pirates are you concerned about now? "

Izeroth

"I was always concerned about Captain Nurn, but now that he's dead, I'm not concerned really with any one pirate." Hadrian answered. "I'll be spending a couple days in town, so report anything suspicious to me immediately. Understood?"

Cornflower MM

Arya had smiled, but when Vicky wanted her to buckle up, she did so immediately.

BlueRose

Vicky poked Shael in the side, bringing his attention from the cat to herself. "Where now? I'm thinking The Quarry, but it's mainly your decision."

Shael shrugged. "The Quarry sounds fine to me. Let's go!"

OOC: I made up a place (sorta. It's the quarry in Redwall...)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Thomas Barkshield

BlueRose

OOC: Awesome. Can it be a mining/pirate hideout? Vicky and Co. need somewhere to hang out that isn't a black market.

Rusvul

A rat looked around at the burning beacon of terror that his captain's ship had become. The airbag was shot, quite literally as well as metaphorically, and he was falling. He landed mercifully in the canopy, but that was not his problem. He was marooned, stranded on a ship of the dead in a hostile forest that would consume him as soon as look at him. 'If only I had managed to make it all the way to Ninian's! Now I will die here... We were so close...' He looked around at his dead comrades and the bleeding wound in his chest, and began to sob yet again. Not a moment later, however, he heard a faint buzzing. Deeper and less eerie than the other buzz... No, this was an airship. He looked off into the distance, and spotted a large ship in the distance... Was it from his fleet? No, he could tell it wasn't... The balloon wasn't the same blue-grey, and the hull wasn't the silvery black... It seemed strangely patchwork. Wood type varied slightly, and the balloon had several patches and sealants on it... His navy would never allow that, no... Still, he had no choice and no course of action but to wait for the ship to turn to the smoking beacon that was his precious Melodious Kite...

Izeroth

The sound of a hammer tapping against the wall rang throughout the tavern. When his work was done, Hadrian looked at the message he had posted. It read "150 dollar reward for any information pertaining to pirates. Report all information that you have to the iron fist." Confident that it was in a place where beasts would notice it, he returned to his ship.

Cornflower MM

Arya grinned. "We're off to the Quarry!" She exclaimed, happy. For some reason, she'd always liked the place.

The Skarzs

Dregnar paid the fuelers to restock his ship, then went off to the tavern. He took a look at the Steel Fist, a large warship, definitely made to inflict, and take, great damage. The cougar got the strange speculation of being able to take down a ship such as this; indeed, he had permanently grounded several ships its size, but nothing of its make. With these thoughts, he wandered into the tavern, noticing the note recently nailed to the wall.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.