TRIBUNAL OF REDWALL --- Please Post Comments here

Started by cairn destop, November 14, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairn destop

The initial chapter will be posted on Monday November 17, 2014.  The story is completed, which means there will be no interruption of the story anticipated.  New chapters will be released on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Each chapter is under 3K words for ease of reading.

All questions will be responded to in a timely manner.  If you want a private and personal answer, use the site's PM system. 
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Captain Tammo

I just read the introduction and I gotta say, I love it already! You have a really great style that made me feel like I was reading something professional rather than a fan-fiction. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

cairn destop

The use of a prologue has fallen out of favor in recent years.  The great writer Saint Stephen King, (genuflect, genuflect, sing the hallelujah chorus), declared them as inappropriate and now using one gets you labeled as a poor writer.

I disagree.  Used right, the prologue can set the mood or create a gentle hook to reading the story itself. 

James Gryphon

I wanted to let you know that I feel "Tribunal" is one of the best works on here. It instantly captures the reader's attention and imagination. I'm eager to see what will happen as the story unfolds.
« Subject to editing »

cairn destop

I appreciate the compliment.  This story will eventually answer any questions not revealed in the other stories.

Today's chapter was suppose to be posted the day after Christmas, but real life delayed this story a week.  When you read it, you'll understand why.

cairn destop

I got my first comment after 26 chapters on the other site.  The unknown reviewer said:  "I hate modern stories."

Got to admire his honesty.  I do admit my stories have stepped somewhere between the feudal era depicted in the original works and the industrial revolution.  Always figured time marches onward.

James Gryphon

I admit the progress was a little disorienting at first, but I don't mind it; it doesn't have much of an effect on the story, and even if it did, it's just a setting. As I mentioned elsewhere on the forum, with a few exceptions, most literature could be 're-themed' without much trouble. Sci-fi, fantasy, medieval -- all of them are settings, not the story.

I haven't read up on the Vermin Badger series enough to be versed in all of its lore, so I beg your pardon if this has been addressed in one of the other posts. This might strike you as a somewhat irrelevant question, but it's been burning in the back of my mind, so I figured I would let it out and get it over with: how large are wolves, compared to the other species?
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

I'm sorry I have not read your stories more, and I will say that they don't interest me all that much.
However, I will also note that I admire your persistence in writing your works, and I lift my hat to you on that. You have a good writing style, but it's not the style I particularly enjoy reading; I do know some people who would enjoy it, though. Your story lines are unique and well thought out, but from what I have read there are things that don't quite appeal to me.
In conclusion, I heartily encourage the continuation of your writing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

cairn destop

I would think wolves about the size of the badgers in the series.

And now for Skarzs:

That is why there's more than one category in a library.  We all have our special interests.  Like topics, style too is something subjective and I can appreciate the fact that some writers don't appeal on that basis.  Everyone tells me Stephen King has such a great style.  He bores me.  Doesn't mean his is wrong or bad, just not what I enjoy.

This particular story concludes my series, but I'm still writing.  I have a horror story for the Redwall universe, tentatively titled Blood-drinker.  Something of a Dracula in Redwall story. 

On the other site, I'm also working on a Hunger Game fan fiction, but no release date set for either.

Lady Ashenwyte

Regarding the last chapter, I have to say that this is very good. I actually kind of hate hares now.  :P :'(
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

cairn destop

I'm hoping it's more of an understanding as to why Tassel hates the hares.  Of course, there is a second side to the story and that comes up later.  (I'm guessing you're at the trial, part one.)

One thing regarding the hares is in the verdict.  Highwinger and I had quite a discussion about bloodwrath via PM.  Best to say we agreed to disagree on that point, but I do believe the verdict explains my views and the badger - hare alliance.

Lady Ashenwyte

Ah, a new chapter, and an interesting one at that, revealing more secrets about the old abbey. Mmm, wonder where ol' Draccon's soul went to. So it concludes on Monday, I'll miss the suspense that I get from awaiting the newest chapter. I say, it's a nice story indeed.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

cairn destop

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 23, 2015, 01:29:03 PM
Ah, a new chapter, and an interesting one at that, revealing more secrets about the old abbey. Mmm, wonder where ol' Draccon's soul went to. So it concludes on Monday, I'll miss the suspense that I get from awaiting the newest chapter. I say, it's a nice story indeed.

I wonder how many caught the reference in the Father Abbot's name.

Draccon --- Draconian

There is one other secret regarding the Father Abbot yet to come.  I'm thinking it one that remained obtuse since revealing that secret would require far more medical knowledge than the Redwall universe has at the time of the story.

As to the line about it ending --- not so fast.  The story has a total of thirty-three chapters.  I've got a few twists and turns to reveal in this story as not every question has been answered, as I've promised.

Lady Ashenwyte

Ah, then it continues. I say, I enjoy this very much!  :)

cairn destop

With the uploaded chapter posted today, both my story and the Vermin Badger series comes to its conclusion.  Those who have read each story will find many interconnections.  They were all intentional.  I'll provide just one to illuminate my point.  Remember Robertasin's father and the story regarding his release?  Check the chapter where the otter captain tells her story in Price of Defeat.  Though not named, the black squirrel is described in every way the same as Robertasin, other than the fact this squirrel is male.