News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Future of the Forum

Started by Matthias720, June 11, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Now I know this forum is only a few days old, but it's not too early to start thinking about what direction we want the forum to go in and discuss features we would like to see.

I, for one, would like to see some more boards that separate topics by theme, ie: Redwall Discussion, General Discussion, Board Issues, etc.. Also, I think it would be good to have a button next to the "last post made by [insert username here]" that would take you to the last post in that topic. Finally, it would be nice to have an option at the top of the screen, next to your username, that allows you to see a list of all topics posted in since your last visit.

Just some ideas I got from being on other forums. I hope y'all on the Redwall Abbey staff will consider these ideas, and the potential they bring. :)

Log a Log Grenn

Yeah I really want more topics and threads
Cool idea
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Of all things this board needs, spoiler warnings are defiantly up there.

Two points of such notice:

1). Spoiler Tags.
This board has some serious good tags. However, a spoiler tag is lacking. Its purpose would be to hide a portion of a post in a seperate box, thus warning users that a spoiler is contained within. There's a lot of possibilty to ruin Redwall themed-things for people that haven't read all the books or whatever yet.

I don't know, anyone think this would be remotely useful or worth bothering about?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

The Lady Shael

I completely agree. More forums will definitely help this place grow. SMF has a lot of useful options and mods (RWL uses SMF too), a lot of it is just taking time to peruse the admin controls and switching stuff on and off.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Log a Log Grenn

Yes I like the second idea
I've only read up to the Taggerung so please don't talk about anything after that for me

Matthias720

I'm on another forum that uses SMF, and alot of the features there really improve the experience of being a member and posting. So I agree with you wholeheartedly, Shael.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I've not had much experince with SMF myself. It's definately not bad, though I'd say.

Matthias720

Just had a thought:

We don't even have an admin/mod team yet. We should have at one or two people to watch over the board at this point, in case anything should happen, ie: flame war.

What do you guys think?

The Lady Shael

A moderation team will definitely be necessary at the rate this forum will grow. That's all up to Redwall Abbey though, I'm not sure what their plan is.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Redwall Abbey seems for now to be around just fine to monitor the forum. That will, of course, change over time

Matthias720

Agreed. However, it's good to make preparations for the future. ;)

Log a Log Grenn

Hopefully we'll get lots of members :P

Matthias720

What do all of you think about getting a Forum Games section in here soon?

Log a Log Grenn

Yeah I know great forum games I'm on 6 others

Kilkenne

Honestly the thing that I most hope for the future of this forum is a break from papyrus to make things infinitely more readable. Outside of that, I'm assuming that there's already some kind of plan for something other than just a general discussion board; I'm sure there'll be subforums in the (near?) future.