News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Future of the Forum

Started by Matthias720, June 11, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I think there's more themese already on the board, Kilkenne.

I personally like the current theme I'm using, the original. Normal fotn size might be a bit too small for some though. It can always be enlarged though
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Mariel

Papyrus is readable, but only when the font size is enormous, which makes scrolling annoying.

Log a Log Grenn

I'm not using papyrus I'm just using yellow
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Mariel

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 13, 2011, 04:05:43 PM
I'm not using papyrus I'm just using yellow

What does "yellow" mean?  Your post doesn't look any different.

Log a Log Grenn

No the background for the website is yellow for me
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't see any extra themes on the board afterall.

Also, I can personally read the font at a very small level. That is on my personal basis, if someone can't other themes could be aviaiable. Regardless, I like papyrus
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Papyrus does have a Redwall-esque feel to it.

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 11, 2011, 05:45:19 PM
Now I know this forum is only a few days old, but it's not too early to start thinking about what direction we want the forum to go in and discuss features we would like to see.

I, for one, would like to see some more boards that separate topics by theme, ie: Redwall Discussion, General Discussion, Board Issues, etc.. Also, I think it would be good to have a button next to the "last post made by [insert username here]" that would take you to the last post in that topic. Finally, it would be nice to have an option at the top of the screen, next to your username, that allows you to see a list of all topics posted in since your last visit.

Just some ideas I got from being on other forums. I hope y'all on the Redwall Abbey staff will consider these ideas, and the potential they bring. :)

I suggest a Role Playing section, where we can create our own characters in the wonderous world of Redwall and write down our own adventures. Such things are always fun!
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Mariel

Yeah, that would be awesome!  Maybe we could fix up the role-playing thing separately from the Forum, so that you wouldn't have to be part of both if you didn't want to.

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Mariel on June 14, 2011, 02:56:28 PM
Yeah, that would be awesome!  Maybe we could fix up the role-playing thing separately from the Forum, so that you wouldn't have to be part of both if you didn't want to.

Well, we could either make a seperate board for it, or make another forum or something. Don't know what the moderators think is best?
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

The Lady Shael

Of course we don't know how much effort the Redwall Abbey staff is planning to put into this forum or if they will read this topic (you guys have been posting a lot, it might be too much for them to keep up with).

Instead of relying on redwall.org, we can always create our own websites or forums, or use the ones already out there. There are a couple sites I listed in the Redwall websites topic where Redwall role-playing forums are already set up.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Matthias720

There is something special though, about posting on the official Redwall forums.

Mariel

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 14, 2011, 05:37:28 PM
There is something special though, about posting on the official Redwall forums.

Yes, I feel like someone will assuredly read what I'm writing; it seems very permanent.

The Lady Shael

If anyone can get a hold of them, it would certainly be ideal. =)

However they haven't posted or updated since putting the forum up, so we don't even know if they intend to expand on this forum. I sent them a message several days ago and haven't gotten a reply. I'm just telling it like it is, we don't know if they have time or are willing to expand this forum into what you guys want. It takes a lot of time and effort to maintain a forum like that, and redwall.org has always been a low-maintenance website.

Just saying we shouldn't expect things from them or pile on responsibilities they may not want.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Matthias720

Yeah. I noticed they were on for a bit yesterday, and a brief time the day before that. My hope is that they will put some people in place to run the forum proactively, so that the forum will truly flourish. :)