News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Future of the Forum

Started by Matthias720, June 11, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

Has anyone else's connection with the forum been a little slow?  I can't seem to update as quickly as usual.

The Lady Shael

That would definitely be the best move. But again, we don't know if that's what they intend to do. Finding an official moderating team won't be easy, especially if these moderators are supposed to represent redwall.org.

Again, if you guys don't want to wait around, it doesn't take long to set up a role-playing forum, and if you advertise here, you will at least get all these active people to join and role-play with you as sort of a temporary thing until a role-playing section can be set up here.

Of course, you guys are welcome to use the redwallwarlords.com Role-play forum (you don't have to sign up on the game to be on the forums). =) But our role-playing community is not as developed as say, Legends of Redwall Abbey or Dibbuns Against Bedtime. Both of these sites had dozens, even hundreds of active members active at a time in their heyday...all it takes is a few dedicated fans to bring it back to those numbers again.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 14, 2011, 05:37:28 PM
There is something special though, about posting on the official Redwall forums.

I'm with you. This forum needs us!
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Martha Braebuck

This is a great idea Matthias 720! I saw the 'happy birthday forum', maybe saying, "celebrating forum" would be better? Just a suggestion, don't listen to me if you think I'm just being bossy  ;)
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Matthias720

I think that having a birthday board is good, in that we don't clog up other boards with birthday wishes. Also, by keeping it birthday-only, we don't end up celebrating "National Cottage Cheese Day" or something like that. :D

Taggerung_of_Redwall

you forgot National Rat Racing Day with Cockroach Riders
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 22, 2011, 09:28:09 PM
you forgot National Rat Racing Day with Cockroach Riders
Yes. Yes I did. :D

Osu

Hey, the expanded forum looks great! Nice job, you guys!  ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

Nice work on the forum, mods! It looks great. *high fives all 'round*

*Puts on engineer hat*
I have one issue, but I'm not sure it's something you guys can fix. If you pop the forums out of the iframe they look kind of strange. The background image is only 862px × 574px and it doesn't repeat, so it just shows up as a rectangle in the corner.

Again, I don't think it's something you guys can fix, as it seems to be an issue with the styles of the site itself, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.

*Takes off engineer hat and replaces it with English teacher hat*

Matthias720

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it might be an inherent issue with the default theme.

Jeni

Quote from: Kilkenne on June 13, 2011, 03:03:55 AM
Honestly the thing that I most hope for the future of this forum is a break from papyrus to make things infinitely more readable. Outside of that, I'm assuming that there's already some kind of plan for something other than just a general discussion board; I'm sure there'll be subforums in the (near?) future.
Oh, thank goodness there's someone sane on here. Seriously, I've been massively put off taking part in this board because of the theme. It's so 00's.

The frames is also friggin' annoying and does not allow for tabbed browsing. I don't click one topic at a time anymore, open several at once and go through them. :/ Also, I'm on my wee laptop - having to use two scrollbars at a time is just ridiculous. I don't wish to sound petulant, admin team, but these are legitimate design issues. :(

Taggerung_of_Redwall

We're working on new themes, but papyrus runs throughout the whole site, not just the forum. That fact could cause difficulties in adding new themes.
Please bare with the process
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

In the meantime, you could view the forum by itself by going to http://redwallabbey.com/forum.

Jeni

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 23, 2011, 04:24:58 PMThat fact could cause difficulties in adding new themes.

Nah, it doesn't. It's been a while since I ran one of these boards, but they seem to have kept the basic features. Jolly good at replying, though.

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 23, 2011, 04:24:58 PMPlease bare with the process

"Bear". ;)

QuoteIn the meantime, you could view the forum by itself by going to http://redwallabbey.com/forum.

Ah, but the broken background is just as annoying there. It's cool, I'll wait, until these issues are sorted.

The Lady Shael

Thanks for the feedback Jeni. Unfortunately we as moderators don't have access to board themes or code, so this is up to the Redwall Abbey team. The site is still in its early stages, so no doubt they will be taking everyone's comments into consideration. They aren't as active as we are, so we couldn't really tell you when they might be able to get around to it.

~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/