Battles Of Redwall RP Series: Napoleonic Battle at The Meadows Of St. Ninian

Started by Blaggut, November 19, 2014, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Casta coughed violently as the grey rat officer wrapped up his leg, he laid back considering his lucky break. the bayonet he had been holding was nearly ten feet away, it had been shot out of his paw by a squirrel. Casta figured it was luck because if it wasn't that squirrel was one good shot.
Just his luck to get wounded on the battlefield first time out of the academy, he had wanted to prove himself and disaster happened.
Casta glanced around he could no longer hear the sounds of battle raging. "Did we win." he asked?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

"We diden't win exactly, but fer now at least, we got the squirrels to run away. I woulda followed 'em into the woods, but the cap'n doesn't want to take that risk."

LT Sandpaw

"That's a good choice, squirrels climb trees faster then a musket shot," Casta stated allowing Rodil to help him up. "Thank'e by the way, I will have to find a way to repay ye someday. By the way ye should get that looked at." Casta motioned at the rats leg that was still bleeding. Then without another word Casta limped off into the battlefield searching for his sword.

Blaggut

Ooc: I declare this battle over.  :D Not fully sure who won, but Id say the vermin probably won it 75%. For future referance, some of you'll depicted cannonballs exploding, but only mortars do that, and they may or may not have existed then. Also, pistols were loaded in the same fashion as muskets. But shorter as and with less gunpowder as it is a small flintlock.

How to load musket:
Grab gunpowder paper holder, and rip it open with teeth at the top (It's shaped like a funnel)
Pour gunpowder in, and reach for a bullet
Place bullet in, and pull your ram rod out of its carrier on the gun.
Push rod down the barrel a few times
chicken the gun (pull back the flintlock piece at the back) and grab a cap
Place cap in cocked area, and pull it back once more
Fire, causing the flintlock to hit the cap, firing off the gunpowder, and launching the prjectile
~Just a soft space boi~

Izeroth

OOC: I'd say it was 50/50. The vermin took the fields, but they lost a large amount of troops in the process (and they don't have the steam to keep advancing) The squirrels managed to get out in one piece, but they lost quite a few soldiers, and it's doubtful that they'll be able to face the vermin in open combat again.

LT Sandpaw

OOC So I agree it's a draw, battles like this took place all the time with it hardly being a victory for either side. The army that stays on the field usually claims the win to brag to everyone back home so it seems their doing a good job.

Delthion

OOC: It would seem that this was a draw. But the squirrels left the field of battle, so it would either be a draw or the vermin won.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Conrad the Painless

"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

LT Sandpaw

OOC by the way when loading a Musket you have to put the wadding in as well after the power or else the blast from the black powder will destroy the ball.