News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

I spent most of the summer watching Naruto and started Naruto Shippuden two weeks ago. I get why the series is so popular. The story is amazing, and I love the characters.

I have three conventions lined up for this fall:
Ramencon in Indiana, September 23-25
Youmacon in Detroit, November 3-6
Con+Alt+Delete in Chicago, December 16-18

Any chance anyone else will be at one of them?

Aimless Gallivanter

oh man im so jealous :U i wish i could go!! that sounds so fun!!
im gay!!!!!!

Banya

You can't make it to any of them, Galli??

Aimless Gallivanter

I'm too far and my parents are over protective :U i live in upstate NY, i don't like driving, I'm too poor to afford planes, a hotel, and still have enough money to actually buy stuff at the con....
but oh man i would absolutely if i could
im gay!!!!!!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on July 17, 2016, 04:28:59 AM
The original anime, even though the end was a sequel hook.

About that...  Did you know that there's a sequel film that sorta tries to wrap everything up?  It's called Conqueror of Shamballa, and I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed it.  If I remember this correctly, it even has Al's original actor in it for the dub, which is awesome because I love his original actor's voice.  It took me awhile to get used to a woman playing Al in Brotherhood, simply because I was already so familiar with him being an actual twelve-year-old boy.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Banya

I've heard terrible things about that film, but if you like it, and since I like the series, I may watch it.

As for Al's VA in Brotherhood, I love Maxey Whitehead's voice. She was amazing as Juuzou in Tokyo Ghoul.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Banya on September 05, 2016, 10:50:36 PM
I've heard terrible things about that film, but if you like it, and since I like the series, I may watch it.

As for Al's VA in Brotherhood, I love Maxey Whitehead's voice. She was amazing as Juuzou in Tokyo Ghoul.

Eh, it could just be that the film is absolutely horrendous and I have bad taste, but you can watch it if you like.  :P

Oh, yeah, no, I'm not saying her voice is bad at all!  It's just that I went directly from FMA to FMA:B and the abrupt change in voice actors was a bit jarring for me.  The original kid (whose name escapes me) is still my favourite of the two, but both are quite good.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Fist of the North Star is really good.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Edraithel

I've watched both the originally full metal alchemist and brotherhood. Out of the two I personally like brotherhood better because it stays true to the manga. I learned that the original series started when the manga was still on going. They surpassed where the manga was and since they didn't have anything to work off of they went a completely different route then what was intended in the manga. That being said I can see why I thought the first anime felt disjointed and odd because when they started they didn't have an end or resolution in mind.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Banya

Did anyone happen to burn their house down on Monday? That would've been the day to do it....

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Banya

Yeah that's the spirit!!

Banya

*revive*

I have one roommate who almost exclusively watches cooking shows. I sent her a link to Food Wars hoping to get her into some anime. Here's to hoping she likes it. I haven't even seen it, so I don't know.

I went to a con in Detroit this past weekend, and it was another great time. Thursday I was Isabel from Attack on Titan in her underground attire from the manga. Friday I was Isabel in her Survey Corps uniform. Saturday I was Doll from Black Butler again because the weather was pretty warm, and Sunday I was tired and went as Erika from Durarara!!, a really comfortable, low-key cosplay. I bought six more pins for myself, one each for three good friends of mine who like Studio Ghibli and Pokemon, and I bought three prints from various vendors and managed to get two free, walking out with everything that I'd desperately wanted, still within my budget. I saw some great panels, including an 18+ with J. Michael Tatum and his boyfriend and an 18+ with Todd Haberkorn, some not so great panels, some circus performers, and some impressive cosplays. These weekends are so good for the mind and spirit.

Ashleg

Ooo, hope you had fun!

I've only ever been to cons in my state...
Which is not a lot. XD

Aimless Gallivanter

that sounds like it was tons of fun Banya!!!

I just watched Mob Psycho 100, which i really super looked. There's only twelve episodes and i think it's considered over? But there wasn't actually closure in the show so I'm confused. It seems like there could be a lot more, i hope it wasn't cancelled.
Anyway it's about a young boy with psychic powers and struggling to live with them. It's super good.
im gay!!!!!!