News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Glad you enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist, Jukka! The manga and Brotherhood have status as classics. Ling's my favorite character; I cosplayed him a couple years back and hope I get to again soon. I'm in Japan right now and was in a bookstore today and stumbled upon the FMA official artbook - I didn't even know there was one, so I swooped that right up. :D

Jukka the Sling

Whoa, you got the artbook, and straight from Japan, too?  Lucky! :O  Are you able to read Japanese pretty well?

Oh, yeah, Brotherhood is amazing!  I'm actually reading through the manga right now, and I would never have pictured myself as the manga type before, lol.  It's even better than the show.

I love Ling, although my top favorite character is undoubtedly Ed. XD  I'd love to see your Ling cosplay if you'd be willing to post it!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

I feel like an outlier here, Alchemist, Titan, and Leafy Ninjas are the only ones that I'm seeing and have also watched. Anyone else seen Log Horizon? Black Bullet? Mob Psycho 100? (Desperately resists urge to continue list).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

Er- Naruto. The first half anyways...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 29, 2019, 12:04:39 PM
Mob Psycho.
You've seen Mob Psycho?....... You, Skarz.. That feels simultaneously strange and understandable at the same time, and I can only theorize as to why. Might I ask what/who got you interested?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

The manga for Mob Psycho 100 is done by the same author of One Punch Man. His name is One. I liked OPM so much that I decided to look at Mob Psycho, and got hooked on the anime. I love how Mob is progressing and growing through the aeries.

Also, I saw an anime vine with the anime and it looked hilarious.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Skarzs, do you watch My Hero Academia? I feel you might enjoy that one. Though tbh I don't know anyone who's seen it and doesn't love it.

Dannflower Reguba

I have a friend that feels he can't watch it solely because of Midoriya. The way my friend puts it, Midoriya suffers from something that he refers to as, "Twilight syndrome," which is a character that's essentially an empty shell that isn't particularly interesting in and of them self. He's surrounded by a cast of far more interesting characters while he bears no real weight unless he's paired with someone else so that he can affect them. These kinds of characters are great for viewers to project themselves into, but can be a huge turn off if you're only interested in spectating. I know I've still enjoyed it due to some of the other characters, but I totally see where he's coming from.

- - - - - - -

Indeed, Mob has a very real set of traits that honestly make perfect sense in terms of how they've played out under the circumstances of the anime, especially this season. I get tingles every time I hear, "Explosion of Mob Feelings," because everything that happens in the series is guaranteed to be better if He's fed up with whichever individual is inconveniencing him at the moment. On that note, sound design is fantastic for the show, they don't even need to show Mob's percentage rising all the time for the viewer to recognize that someone dun goofed because of how well the tick up sound stands out. The art style fits so well too, love that they went with something a bit more abstract because of the flexibility it offers when the animators/artists are working through the psychic-heavy scenes (especially Mob's). What's you're opinion of Reigen?

Nadaz, voice of the host

I've been watching fairytale and a really good show that I can't remember the name of about someone going back in time to prevent several murders that happened when the protagonist was in elementary school.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Skarzs

I love the music in Mob Psycho.

Reigen. . . I don't know. He's a genuinely nice guy with some great advice sometimes  but is also the kind of guy who would try to convince you that his flip phone is better than your touch screen phone, and attempt to trade. Funny as an addition to the story, but I wouldn't want him as more than an acquaintance.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on March 30, 2019, 10:02:13 PM
I've been watching fairytale and a really good show that I can't remember the name of about someone going back in time to prevent several murders that happened when the protagonist was in elementary school.
Erased

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 30, 2019, 07:57:50 PM
       I have a friend that feels he can't watch it solely because of Midoriya. The way my friend puts it, Midoriya suffers from something that he refers to as, "Twilight syndrome," which is a character that's essentially an empty shell that isn't particularly interesting in and of them self. He's surrounded by a cast of far more interesting characters while he bears no real weight unless he's paired with someone else so that he can affect them. These kinds of characters are great for viewers to project themselves into, but can be a huge turn off if you're only interested in spectating. I know I've still enjoyed it due to some of the other characters, but I totally see where he's coming from.
I get what he's saying and I've talked with others who feel similarly about Deku. I love him, though, and I *do* think he has a lot of character, but it's the massive cast that really makes the show great. In how many series is the main character your favorite, anyway? But this show has a plot that's not really that original with a main character whose abilities aren't unique, but it's got a variety of interesting characters and personalities with incredibly creative abilities, and that's what's exciting for me.

Dannflower Reguba

Deku and Midoriya are one and the same. Pretty sure Deku was a nickname that he got from the exploding guy.

The Skarzs

@Banya, no, I haven't seen it. I have considered it, but never have.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 31, 2019, 07:34:00 PM
       Deku and Midoriya are one and the same. Pretty sure Deku was a nickname that he got from the exploding guy.
Um... yes? She obviously knows that otherwise her comment would've been a complete non-sequitur. She was just calling him Deku because it's what he's most commonly known as, and probably because it's shorter to type.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan