News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Metroid Prime Discussion

Started by Coobreedan, August 23, 2011, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

I've played the first ever Metroid game. It's hard.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Yeah, it is, kinda. I personally thought that Echoes was the hardest, because you're always moving between Light and Dark dimensions, and the Dark atmosphere kills you. Literally. And the enemies are really, REALLY hard. Prime is easy compared to Echoes.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Cheesethief

i tried the first metroid prime and its sooooooooo hard. i havent played it in a while but im stuck in the ice world/area. so much bactracking in that game.

Nightfire

If you get too stuck, you can always look up a walkthrough online. The Phendrana Drifts are fun in my opinion, and sooo pretty! I love the theme music for the place, too!

Just take a look and try to say that the drifts aren't beautiful:

And the blue-sonic-wave thingie is a stealth-shriekbat, just so ya know.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Nightfire on November 21, 2011, 08:41:00 PM
Yeah, it is, kinda. I personally thought that Echoes was the hardest, because you're always moving between Light and Dark dimensions, and the Dark atmosphere kills you. Literally. And the enemies are really, REALLY hard. Prime is easy compared to Echoes.
Not the first Metroid Prime game, the first ever Metroid game, which was called Metroid. I can't even clear the first level... :P
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I've never played the first ever Metroid games. Just the Prime trilogy, and Other M. I wish I could play Metroid Prime: Hunters, but no one in my family has a Gameboy Advance.

eualaia

beat all the gc and wii metroids
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Nightfire

Cool. Isn't the Emperor Ing really, really tough, eulalia? It took me FOREVER to beat him! I think the Light Armor you get from U-Mos if really, really cool, though:

See? Isn't that so cool? I love that armor!

Bragoon

I really like Metroid Prime, I think everything about it is great, from the music to the scenery to the enemies.  I also like Metroid Prime 2 for the multiplayer, and I rather enjoyed the very beginning, when you're in the crash site of the... good guy ship (I don't remember what they're actually called).  But after that, my Metroid fandom ends. 

I have Metroid and Metroid Fusion on my 3DS from the 3DS Ambassadors program, and I don't like them much at all.  The whole game just feels very tedious to me.  I didn't like Metroid Prime 3 very much either, partly because of the control style, and partly just because the idea of an FPS Metroid just felt rather warmed-over, and I had a hard time connecting myself with the story.  I just felt rather aloof in it all.

I haven't played The Other M, but I've seen my brothers play it, and it feels a bit like the newer (Gen. IV onward) Pokemon games, interesting, but not enough to make me want to play it. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Folgrimeo

First two Metroid Prime games are for GameCube and Wii, third one is exclusively Wii. I played the first one and really enjoyed it. Looks great all around. My favorite areas were Tallon IV (pretty much any area with plants or waterfalls or other greenery in it), Magmoor Caverns (because I recognize the music as the Ridley's Hideout theme from "Super Metroid"), and Phendrana Drifts. It's great fun going back and finding hidden stuff because literally any nook or cranny could have a secret you didn't know about. I never got far in the second game though because it's too tough for me, and the third game I just can't get used to the motion control of the Wiimote. I love the weird parasite bug on the main menu of the third game though.

I've also played the first Metroid for NES (I have no clue where to go), Super Metroid for SNES (it's a classic, still looks and plays well. My favorite place there is Maridia), and Metroid: Zero Mission for Game Boy Advance (it's a remake of the original NES game but with a map, modern controls and graphics, and more. It's awesome, one of my favorites).

There was never a Metroid game for N64, but at least Samus appeared in Super Smash Bros. which marked her first 3D appearance. She'd also appear in Smash Bros. Melee and Smash Bros. Brawl.

What I like most from any Metroid game though is Ridley. He's a fantastic second-to-last boss, incredibly hard to beat (any time I fight him I run out of missiles and I'm one or two hits away from defeat), and he looks great. Metroid's just not the same to me without that dragon, maybe since he was so prominent on the "Super Metroid" cover.

eualaia

Quote from: Nightfire on January 29, 2012, 10:39:50 PM
Cool. Isn't the Emperor Ing really, really tough, eulalia? It took me FOREVER to beat him! I think the Light Armor you get from U-Mos if really, really cool, though:

See? Isn't that so cool? I love that armor!

just find all the missiles and energy tanks and ammo upgrades and use the annhialator beam missile reapetedly aim fire xD got killed a few times tho
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Nightfire

I, personally, don't like Other M all that much. It's not as fun to play as the trilogy, because it's not first-person, and it's more of a drama story than a mission. Exploring the GFS Valhalla in MP3: Corruption is so fun and creepy!

Tannsrall

It is weird because I am further into Echoes than the first one and I have beaten the third one I love Metriod.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Dannflower Reguba

I've only played Other M, It's pretty difficult at times. Whats the picture from?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wolfstar

For me, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is tough because I'm near the end at the pirates homeworld and I'm stuck.
Happy and kind.