News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Both of my sisters have, but I have not.

The older of my younger sisters cried three times during the movie, however, that's all I know aside from spoilers.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

I teared up a few times. My best friend was hyperventilating.

It's probably my favourite MCU film.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

That's certainly something to hear, coming from you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

To be perfectly honest I thought the second act was fairly poor, not actually bad, but like Doctor Strange/Ant-Man levels of interesting, but the third act was better than anything in any other MCU film and as the culmination of this massive 11-year arc, it was pretty much perfect.

Jukka the Sling

Okay, reading these posts, I'm even more excited and scared.  How am I gonna survive until Tuesday. ._.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Rosie Willowwater

Question: Do you guys always plan to see a movie around the day it comes out, or do you wait until the crowd dies down?

Jukka the Sling

I usually end up seeing it a few days late, and I book tickets online in advance.

Anyway, I just got back from Endgame and I have so many feelings that are fluctuating all over the place, many positive, many not.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Delthion

I felt the same way about Infinity War Sheev, I haven't seen Endgame yet, but I hope that it's better than Infinity War.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Shadow of Korriban

I mean there were a few good things about it. And hey, it was still better than Thor Ragnarok.

Delthion

I actually liked Thor Ragnarok, except for the ending of course.

Only if you haven't seen Infinity War
The ending is just "We're saved! Asgard shall live on because it is the people, not the place that is Asgard. Oh wait, Thanos showed up and killed EVERY SINGLE ASGARDIAN EXCEPT FOR THOR!!!
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Infinity War/minor spoilers for Endgame

Some of the Asgardians, presumably half of them, escaped in pods or smaller ships. You can see Asgardians in Endgame.
[close]

Ragnarok was a brilliant film.

The Skarzs

I rather liked Ragnarok as a whole. There were a couple parts that I feel could have been better (A little more than just fighting on Hela's part, for example), but I liked it. The ending, I feel, was appropriate.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I liked Ragnarok at the time, but my feelings towards it have cooled since then.  I just wish they didn't make Thor such an OOC idiot.  Also, I'm someone who's always liked the medievalness and gravitas of the other two Thor movies, and Ragnarok disrespectfully stomped all over the characters and legacy of those movies.  At least, that's how I see it.

It's still a hilarious movie if I overlook those problems, though.