Apple-aquirers
2 (50%)
Cherry-choosers
0 (0%)
Pumpkin-pickers
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Jetthebinturong

I know that xeno means "race" more or less, what would a Xenosociologist do?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

A xenosociologist would study the social and psychological structure of other races, should we come across any. You might even shorten it to 'Xenologist' or something of the like, and study any kind of alien life or culture in all its detail. (-Xeno as a prefix means 'alien,' or 'outside.')

Jetthebinturong

Sorry to argue but no it doesn't unless by alien you meant foreign in general rather than just foreign from space
    relating to a foreigner or foreigners.
    "xenophobia"
        other; different in origin.
        "xenograft"
But yes, that's what I thought and that is what I shall be, I'll make my app tomorrow, I have to leave now
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

I mean foreign in general, yes.

Søren

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 23, 2014, 11:11:07 PM
   You could be the Doctor, or the Ops officer (Monitors sensors, accepts hails, basically is the computers guy) I don't think we have a Tactical/Security officer either (not sure what we're calling it) but if you did that you'd be the guy to lead security teams (if someone boards the ship or something,) you'd probably lead away missions, and you'd be the one to monitor weapons and fix them when they break.

Also, if we were to break away from standard Star Trek ranks and positions a little, you might be in charge of some other thing. Crew's mental health, routine maintenance, you could be a xenobiologist, xenosociologist, xenoarchaeologist, xeno- anything standard.... You might be in charge of fabricating parts to repair, or food to eat, or you could do any number of things that might make sense on a starship.
We do have a security officer:

Quote from: Delthion on December 20, 2014, 12:43:43 AM
LT's Character
Name: Casta Longeye.
Race: Squirrel.
Position: MP Officer and security Commander.
Personality: Cheerful and Active with a vivacious outlook on life, He is know for saying useless facts and statistics even in a crisis.
Appearance: Short with the normal Brown/Gray fur of his species, His paws are stained black from an accident during his childhood.
Accessories: He has a blue bandana around his neck that trails to his right shoulder.
Weapons: He has a Ion Pistol holstered on his right leg just above the knee, and several Scrambler grenades, They cause major confusion and disorientation when detonated in a five foot radius of a target, they also damage unshielded robotics and mechanical software.
Other: N/A
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

And therefore LT is the Tactical officer.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Since we don't have a doctor...

Name: Joseph Riggurt
Race: hare
Position (Tactical, Communications, etc): Head Doctor
Rank (Lieutenant, LT Commander, Ensign, Commander, this would have to be someone with very good knowledge of the Sci-fi world, and there could only be one): Lieutenant
Personality: Joseph knows he'll be retiring soon. He tries to be helpful, but sometimes seems uncaring due to his harsh, efficient way of handling injuries and sickness.
Appearance (Don't include clothes please): Brown fur and blue eyes. Has a scar across his left eye.
Accessories (Earrings, necklaces, masks, etc): An electronic med-tool that he uses for medical work; an eyepiece that allows him to see an x-ray view of other beasts
Weapon(s): an ion pistol
Other: N/A

Delthion

Maybe not a hare, usually the doctors are calm, rational things, they are the ones that clash most with the captains, with the exception of the government delegations.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

I'm not sure I'd call Phlox the calmest of doctors...

Delthion

Phlox? Is that from ENT? That's the only series that I haven't seen at least part of...

Rusvul

You should watch it. It's different but it's actually pretty good.

Delthion

Meh, first I need to get through DS9. ;D

Izeroth

I was thinking Joseph would be the sort of "old long patrol captain" type of beast.

Delthion

Yes, good point. OK, but he will have to argue with the captain as to the welfare the captain's health.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum