News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Where were you on 9/11/01?

Started by White One6193, September 09, 2011, 02:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White One6193

10-year anniversary coming up. Where were you when the world stopped turning?
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Don't remember. My memory seems to desert me even at only ten years ago.
Something I want to throw out there quick-like and recommend:
Almost two weeks ago, Sujo John, a survivor of the attacks, spoke to my church. You can find that video here, entitled "Out from the Rubble".
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log-a-Log

I was very young when it happened, I think I was 3 or 4, but I can still can remember it clearly. I remember not thinking it was real, like it was some sort of movie or something
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

I was so young, I don't even remember anything. It was just a normal day, at least to me. I was probably just playing and being that bossy little kid I was.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

I remember it very clearly. It happened during the night Australian time, so I got up in the morning and found my parents watching the news.  :'(

Galedeep

I recall being at kindergarten, then coming home to my mother being so scared because my uncle lived in New York at the time. He wasn't anywhere near the towers when it happened, Thank God.

Dawnwing

I was nine years old, and in fourth grade.  I was in the fifth grade classroom that morning because I was at an upper grade reading level.  They brought a TV into the classroom, and we were all excited because in the past, a TV had always meant we were going to watch a movie.  But it wasn't a movie; they turned on a live broadcast of the attacks.  They had first turned it on after the first plane had hit the tower, and not long afterward, we saw the second plane hit.  I remember they didn't have much footage, so they kept looping the same clips over and over: the towers smoking, people screaming and crying and running, and eventually of the towers collapsing.  We were still a bit young to fully comprehend the massive scale of what was happening, but we knew that something bad was going on.  

I don't really remember the rest of the school day, but I remember that evening we went to my grandparent's house to hook up their new TV.  The first thing we saw on it was news coverage about the attacks, and that was pretty much the only thing on TV or in the newspapers for at least a month, as far as I can remember.  On the way home, my dad explained to me about the attacks: the lives lost, what it meant for the US, and that's when I first really understood how huge it was.

rakkety tam

well i was 2 years old at the time but my bro told me what we were doing we were canning tommatos i didnt even know about it till i was like 5
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Matthias720

I attended a private Christian school for sixth grade. We had just gotten started with our weekly chapel meeting (we were in Matthew chapter 5, I believe) when we got word that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers, and a second one was on a collision a course with the other one. It was a shock to all of us.

Nightfire

I was four years old, locked in my bedroom because my parents didn't want me to watch what was happening on TV. Recently, I've been watching old recorded news footage of it, though.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

White One6193

I was in third grade, just about to get off my bus for school, when my friend Teegan Rogers came up yelling that the Twin Towers had just been bombed...
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Lutra

At the time the planes hit I was in AP English, and saw all the footage in the high school cafeteria.  We continued watching it in sociology class in the afternoon.  Nobody in the class really knew what was going on at that moment.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

I was about three, and it happened at nighttime for us, so I was in bed. My dad was a little shaken by it, but he acted normally around us so we didn't know anything happened. I only found out about it when I was about 9 or 10.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Woh woh woh - what actually happened? ???
I was a baby at the time. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

I asked my mom what I was doing on 9/11. She said we were at home doing nothing. Sigh. I don't remember anything!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."