Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

OOC: Oops. Lol, thanks Faiy ;)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

OOC: Well, the group that is with Vrungin would certainly be considered small for an army, but okay.

BIC: Henff rubbed her paws. "I really don't know! We're obliged to help those in need, and the wolf said he only wants to help, but. . . I don't know!"

"Vrruuungiiiiinn!!"

All heads turned to the sound of the roar, and Vrungin tensed. "By the Barkstone, it can't be!" The sound of a horn blast at the other direction made the wolf spin on his heels.
  "Blast! Named, prepare the others, now!" he howled. Vrungin turned to the battlements. "Abbess, please let us in, now, unless you want to see us be slaughtered!"
  "Slaughtered?" Henff gripped the battlements. "But who-?"
  Vrungin pointed at the road, and the closing force of creatures running on it. "Those creatures do not seem to be wanting peace, do they? Let us in!"
  "I can't. . . I don't know if. . ."
  The wolf roared out again. "Named! Prepare the others! Everybeast, form a line and hold it!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: They've got Long Patrol hares with them, Abbess should know they're friendlies. BIC:

"Well now, looks like tha' good parts about ta' begin." Phlame called down to the meeting group below, "Ya might want ta' hurry up or you'll miss tha' party!" He hopped onto the battlement and sat himself down between two of the blocks, feet dangling over the edge. More than a little excited, the squirrel shouted, "Don't pretend ta be too much of a' gentle beast Vrungin! Karn don't look like e's 'ere to play nice!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Hickory

Named returned to the other section of the horde and said "Vrungrin's under attack, we need to head back to his position as fast as possible. Until we reach him, stay quiet. We don't want the Abbeybeasts seeing or hearing us."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri charged at Vrungin's force, hoping to take them by surprise, or at least divide the lines of their foes. He raised his shield and lowered his visor, roaring all the while.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Vrungin saw Henri charging at his creatures, and he ordered his creatures to form a line at his side as well. "Fool," he hissed. "You do not know how well even these smaller creatures may resist you."
  The thunder of Karn's force's paws drew the wolf's attention. It seemed the cat's army had been bolstered; the only real option was to retreat to the other part of his army and cause a stalemate. "Fall back!" he yelled, swinging his cane. "To the forest! Archers, sling beasts, fill that cat with missiles until he looks like a sponge!" Vrungin pointed at Henri as he urged his group into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Nnnnoo!" Karn saw Vrungin retreating, and he yelled in frustration. "Knarr, I wanted a fight, but he cannot afford it!"
  "Slow pace, but do not stop," ordered Colonel Sharpeye to his hares. "It doesn't look like we'll be getting back at that wolf today, wot?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

OOC: I would assume the reinforcements arrived.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

"What is happening?" snarled Flare, who had her sling ready and was eyeing both armies. "What in the world is going on?"

She realized that probably nobody in the Abbey could answer her questions. Tense, she waited for the newcomers to approach.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Dannflower Reguba

"What's happnin'? Well that's easy, Karn an' the mountain hares charged Vrungin's force, but since Vrungin sent some of 'is crew 'round all sneaky like for the attack on the Abbey, he couldn't possibly face the Barkhillians wrath.... Say, are we all sure I'm the one goin' nuts around 'ere? 'Tis pretty simple ta see what happened 'ere." Phlame was rather saddened by the retreat, he'd been waiting for a brawl and it'd once again been postponed, "Welp, looks like I'll have ta wait 'till another day... Might as well see if anything interesting at all happens, good day to the lot a' ye." He hopped from one block to another before re-entering the trees to see if there  was at least blood to be spilled.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri raised his shield and began zig-zagging his way there, hoping that the curious tactic would save him. He ground his teeth as an arrow took him on the shoulder. "Cowards like you always get their comeuppance, Vrungin! Run wherever you like, but you shall be cast from your pedestal, your stronghold pulled to the ground and your followers eradicated. Remember, Vrungin." he spat as he stood his ground, knowing any further attack would be futile.

OOC: I assume the Abbess and everyone else can see Henri now.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Lady Ashenwyte

The Skarzs

Cowardice is different than intelligence, Vrungin knew. He made sure his group was safely on their way, though the female badger that had joined him was standing on the path still. "Regan, come with me unless you wish to be killed!" She seemed as if she didn't care.
  "Badger! You're risking your life; don't be a fool!" Seeing that Regan was not moving, Vrungin cursed under his breath and continued into the forest to regroup with the rest of his force."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karn saw a single creature left from Vrungin's group still on the road. "Archers, prepare to-"
  "Now hold on a bally moment there, sah!" Sharpeye hopped in front of the big cat. "That there's a badger, you can't shoot them!"
  "He is a creature under Vrungin. Did you not forget what I said about that wolf? He is not to be trusted." Of course, the badger was all alone, while Vrungin had fled. . . "Prepare to capture."

OOC: Scartooth said that someone can have Regan if they want; she won't be playing in this RP anymore.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: okay I joined as Scartooth's character with Skarzs permission of course, I'll try to keep her character true. Scartooth if you ever come back feel free to take control of your character again.

BIC:

Her fighting blood was up and a slight red mist filled Regan's eyes. She snorted gripping her battleaxe tight as she stared the charging creatures down. Regan blinked, were those hares with the big cat, she glanced around her to encourage her comrades but found herself alone on the path. Then Vrungin's words broke though.

"Don't be a fool!" With one last growl the badger sprinted off the path joining the back line of Vrungin's force with surprising speed not normally associated with badgers.

"Who was that creature?" She asked as she ran with the others.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri growled in frustration and put his mace back into his belt. He then turned to the Redwallers on the gate, still staring. "Redwallers! I come in peace, and hope that I be admitted into the abbey without issue." he said.

The Skarzs

As they neared the abbey at a quick march, Commander Karn eyed the cougar standing near the front of it. "Not one of ours, though he doesn't seem to be one of Vrungin's either." He would be sure to find out for sure where the other stood in terms of alliance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Merciful fates, look at that!" Henff pointed north along the road, at the oncoming force of Karn and Sharpeye's creatures.
  By now it was obvious to the other Redwallers and woodlanders that something had been going on at the wall, and many had come to the ramparts looking out at the army approaching, as well as the massive cat at their doorstep.
  Henff turned her gaze to Henri, and she held her paws tightly folded at her stomach as she answered him. "Now you listen here," she said shakily, though her voice was beginning to get louder. "Already we've had a wolf try to come in, and there is an army coming this way with who-knows-what manner of creatures, I'm talking to you, a beast that I have never seen or heard of before, so you must excuse me if I am not about to let any creature in or out of this abbey until I have time to calm down!"
  The hedgehog stepped back from the wall and sat down hard, her face very pale.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.