Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Now Phane and her brother had arrived at the seen very late they had not see what had happened between Vrungin and Karns forces all she saw was an army of various vermin and a large cat like the ones that attacked her and her brother. She also saw some hares but Vrungins forces had had a good number of wonderlanders.

Phane growled deep in her throat clutching her sling tight in one paw. Before Pharanuse could stop her she drew her dagger and charged from the cover of the trees and flung herself at their leader (Karn) attacking him with loaded sling and dagger swinging the stone at his knees joints and chin.

"hai hai Aieeee! Ye Asp! Atackin' creatures on the road!"   

Pharanuse reached for his sword but it was not there. "Cockles," He breathed in frustration and drawing his dagger he ran out onto the road unsure of weather he needed to save the cat or his sister and hoped that she was not about to get them both killed.

OOC: Hope you don't mind this... XP and yes Phane is being a complete bumblebeebrain...
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri sighed as he heard the Abbess's reply. 'As you wish, may lady.', he said, and turned to see the otters he had rescued from Vrungin attacking the other cat's forces. He walked, quite calmly, to the other cat's forces to put an end to this idiocy.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Faiyloe

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Whoops, I always seem to think they're squirrels. :P
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Karn caught the otter's sling in the air and allowed the knife to glance off his knee armor. "Such a warm welcome from the creatures of this land, Colonel. Now, female, you will cease this foolishness before something undesirable happens."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Tell that to yer wolf friend!" She she cried as she yanked at the caught sling and kicked at his shin forgetting he had armor on. She yelled out in pain, let go or the sling and fell back on her rudder clutching her foot paw.

"There's hares with them Idjit," Pharanuse said letting his dagger hang loosely in his paw at his side.

"That don't mean nothing, there was a badger with 'em earlier," She retorted still holding her throbbing foot.

"These here are Sal's hares, don't ye recognize 'em..." Pharanuse said. Phane squinted at the hares and then her face lit up.

"Hey! Sharpeye me Matey!" she said as she jumped up her foot paw forgotten.

Skyblade

OOC: Slight PPing, hope it's ok

IC: Flare turned in shock as she saw Abbess Hhenf sit down, trembling so visibly her spines rattled. Slow fire started burning within the red-furred squirrel. Since she had arrived at the Abbey seasons ago, she had gotten to know the beasts who called it home. She and the Abbess had grown close, and Flare was as fond of the hedgehog as she was of, perhaps, her own mother.

The warrior knelt beside the Abbess with a paw on her spiky shoulder. "Don't worry, please. I know this is bad. I honestly don't know what's going on, either. But remember what you always told me? No matter what happens, good is the side that prevails. That has demonstrated itself over and over throughout Redwall and Mossflower history. Whatever faces us, dear Mother, we will be on the winning side."

She stood up, her paw still on the Abbess' shoulder, and looked around. Still she had no idea what was going on, but at least she and the beasts she loved were behind the walls.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

Infuriated that most of the larger beasts simply ignored her Regan turned her gaze upon one of the stoats running alongside her. As they ran she tapped his shoulder none to gently.

"Who was that beast?" She growled, the stoat shook his head furiously.

"H'i don't know why don't yer ask some o' these crazy 'arkhill beasties." He withered under Regan's hiss of annoyance and quickly merged among the running army. She didn't agree with Vrungrin much less enjoy talking with him but it appeared the only way she was going to get answers.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Vrungin turned his attention back from one of his other creatures who had been talking to him. "Sorry. That beast is the Commander Karn of the Barkhills, and he must have followed me from my homeland."
  They were nearing the other group, and Vrungin searched for them, sure that they would be ready to move as soon as they got there.

OOC: I'm really tired guys, so I'll post tomorrow perhaps.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

"Good is the side that prevails? Heh, that's a good one." Phlame had returned, more than a little miffed that nothing exciting had happened. He was once again lackadaisically swinging his footpaws over the edge of the battlements, a look of shear boredom plastered solidly on his face,  "I dunno what kinda world this is, but where I come from, doesn't matter if you're good, bad, or a pigeon with a bad temper, they all die the same. Ther'are dozens of nasty smellin' hares lyin' around Salamountain, or whatever 'tis called, to prove it.... Say, yeh ever get any decent fires through 'ere? Ye'd think that with how hot 'tis all season that a beast could get some pretty big whoppers goin' but I've yet to see much more than a spark... Oh, and when're ya gonna let poor ole' Karn down there in the gate? Probably ran everybeast half to death on the way 'ere. Been followin' Vrungin for... months now ah believe." The Abbeybeasts were a curious bunch, so the squirrel had already decided he was going to stick around, though he hadn't visited the Wolf's camp in awhile, so he might stop by to see when the next chance for something to do would be..
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

LT Sandpaw

Running as she was beside Vrungin the badger considered their options. "Milord why don't we attack now?" She asked looking around at the running army. "Your enemy, from where you came from. He is stuck between the Abbey and that ditch along that road. If half your army attacks from the south and the other from the north he will be trapped and outflanked with nowhere to go except over the ditch, or into the Abbey but that more'n likely won't happen."

Reagan blinked surprised at herself. She never would have thought of such a thing normally but the idea of running dug at her nerves. Glancing up she waited for the wolf's reply wondering if she would be scorned as a fool.

The Skarzs

Vrungin turned his gaze to Regan, his face a mask of frustration. "I don't want to start any killing, do you hear me, badger? If I could, I would make this all as painless as possible." The wolf took a deep breath and signaled to the other part of his army to move with them. "Besides," he said, much more calmly. "Plans must adapt to new circumstances."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Phane! By jove, ol' gel, why'd you go and kick his armor like that!" Sharpeye went to the otter. "At ease, Karn, wot? These are friends!"
  "But this one may not be." The commander twirled a claw and pointed at Henri, and several of his soldiers surrounded him. "Come now, fellow cat; speak and be recognized."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Sorry 'bout that Shapreye, Commander," Pharanuse said nodding to both the hare and the cat. 

"I thought 'e was with Vrungin, sorry 'bout that," Phane said turning to Karn. "Oh and if it helps at all 'e saved us from The Wolf," She added nodding back at Henri.

LT Sandpaw

Grinding her teeth Reagan twirled her axe wishing nothing more then too spit curses on her unpredictable commander. What kind of creature would kill his own soldier for speaking his name only to run form his foe. Her frustration matched Vrungin's and her face was that of a beast itching to do battle.

Dropping back slightly she considered what he had said. Plans must adapt to new circumstances... What was that suppose to mean? Had she joined up with a coward or a genius? For Reagan this issue would be the forefront of her next actions. Taking longer strides to catch up to the large wolf she spoke gruffly, though the scorn was still evident.

"Alright commander, I will respect your decision. So what is our next move then?"

OOC: The badger is badgering the wolf eh, eh anyone?

The Skarzs

OOC: I'll answer Regan later. :P

BIC: Henff was feeling well enough now to address the strange squirrel sat upon the wall. "Now you, sir; I don't care if you're a squirrel or a piece of coal with legs and a tail, you are obviously crazy and unwelcome until further notice!"
  She stamped her footpaw on the wall to show she was serious. "Now get down from there this instant!"

OOC: I rather like Henff as a character. XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.