News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Old Fan New To Forum

Started by Oldkid1940, September 19, 2015, 03:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldkid1940

I remember reading the Redwall series in the fifth grade. My first book in the series was Redwall. I loved it so much that I let my dog chew it up and paid the fine to keep it. I am in college now, and wanting to re live the world of Redwall that had captivated me and fed my imagination as a child. I bought every book in the series, and it was the best decision I ever made. Though it was geared for children, and this is reflected in dialogue, I am still surprised by the maturity of some of the books content. I just hope I can keep a focus on my schoolwork with that line of nostalgia and happiness inducing, imagination fueling books on my desk.

The Skarzs

Hello, Oldkid, and welcome to the forum! It's nice to see "older" people (no idea how old you are, but you're older than I) enjoying the series as much as children. Feel free to discuss the series or just lurk around. :)

If you want, there is a topic in the Front Lawns called the Introduction Topic; there you can be more properly greeted by the other members.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

What a nice story :) If you want to be more formerly welcomed, post here: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

You might be surprised how many "old kids" there are on this forum. I can think of 5 active/semiactive members that are in college off the top of my head- most of the rest of us are nearing that stage. Just goes to show how Brian's storytelling genius transcends genre and age boundaries.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.