Mad Maudie

they can be in different time periods
i think
Maudie and bucko
Dotti and buckler
Rose and Martin Dugh
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

DanielofRedwall

I'd never try to change anything in Redwall, especially not make characters marry! But, it would have been good to see Martin marry Rose, but that couldn't happen as then the book Mossflower would be ruined (Mossflower was written before Martin the Warrior, for those who didn't know). I always thought Uggo and Posybud were going to get married, but I don't remember that ever happening. And Mariel and Dandin.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

I always thought Mariel and Dandin were going to get married
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Dotti

I have been puzzled about that for a while, actually.  I suppose their relationship is more like that of Saro and Bragoon.  They're inseparable, but not in love.  Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.   :-\  Maudie, who is Buckler again?  I don't remember him......
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

GeminyaTome

Dotti and Buckler are in "Lord Brocktree". I thought that the twins were in love with her. I'm not sure.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Nightfire

Buckler is actually referring to Buckler Kordyne from Sable Quean, I think. I don't remember anyone called Buckler in Lord Brocktree, unless you're talking about the mole.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

No, there was a Bucko in Lord Broktree. Buckler the mole was in Martin the Warrior. I believe what Maudie was saying that if they were in the same time period, they should have gotten married. I think Dotti had too many admirers (Bobweave, Southpaw) so she couldn't get married. Sometimes I think Bucko might have admired her too. But I like Dotti as is, not getting married.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dotti

I think getting married would have....mellowed Dotti somehow, in a way that I wouldn't like. 
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Tiria Wildlough

I really don't think like that. There was a thread like this on the Long Patrol Forums, and someone suggested Deyna and Tiria, but I don't like that, because I love Tiria, and not Deyna.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Folgrimeo

I was probably the one who suggested Deyna and Tiria (my two favorite otters). But those are across timelines, so that's impossible. I forget if Tiria and Leatho Shellhound ever got married, but I'm sure everyone would root for them to hook up.

Other than that I can't think of any interesting across-timeline pairings.

Janglur Swifteye

I think you mean Bucko, not Buckler. They were in 2 different books, y'see

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 25, 2011, 07:08:12 AM
I forget if Tiria and Leatho Shellhound ever got married, but I'm sure everyone would root for them to hook up.

Other than that I can't think of any interesting across-timeline pairings.
THEY DID NOT!!!
And what is your username on the Long Patrol Forums?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dotti

Ever since I read this topic, I've been wondering why the subject of main characters getting married was so disturbing to me.  For some reason, it really bothered me even though I couldn't think of a reason why.  Finally, tonight I remembered something that Gonff said from TLOL that explains it.  They were on their way back to Redwall, and Gonff was almost in tears he missed Columbine and Gonfflet so much.  He said something like, "I ain't the cheerful roving type anymore."  THAT'S what had been bothering me.  Once main creatures get married, they're not free to carry on the adventures that Redwall is all about.   Very, very few of the questers in any book are married.  Getting married is like retiring from the main stage of Redwall.  Gonff is the only character I can think of that came back from matrimony to play a large role again.  I'm kind of glad, then, that the books frequently end before any main characters (like Deyna, or Major Perigourd) get married because that would mean that their adventuresome days were at an end.
Phew! So glad I realized what it was.  I HATE it when I can't remember something.
~Brian Jacques

Mad Maudie

that bothers me to like in Mattemeo. Mathias seems so old and not fun anymore. but i think that even people who get married can still have fun. i am talking about buckler in *The Sable queen*
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dotti

Yeah....and I hate how Mattimeo is a brat at the beginning (especially in the movie).  >:( >:( >:(  But yeah, married people can have fun (especially in real life!  I'm not saying that people shouldn't get married or anything.), just that they don't really go on epic quests like most main characters in Redwall do.
~Brian Jacques