News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens *SPOILER ALERT*

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your opinion of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens?

It was far better than I had imagined
11 (55%)
It was mostly the movie I had expected and wanted
7 (35%)
Meh...
1 (5%)
I'd rather be stuck in a car with Jar-Jar for 2 hours
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wylder Treejumper

Are we talking about the same Kylo Ren? Because I would not consider that guy the epitome of attractiveness- unless you're into Snape, maybe.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

I love how this thread has largely turned into a discussion on Kylo Ren's attractiveness ;D

On the movie itself, I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the humor. BB8 and Finn are the best.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 29, 2015, 03:38:49 AM
Are we talking about the same Kylo Ren? Because I would not consider that guy the epitome of attractiveness- unless you're into Snape, maybe.
*looks up Snape*  Ren looks nothing like him. ::)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

This.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 29, 2015, 04:03:02 AM

This.
What about it...?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

In the theater my mom leaned over and told me he looked like Snape. I find it funny that y'all think so as well.

On another note, I was happy to see Admiral Ackbar and Nien Numb still kicking.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 29, 2015, 03:59:57 AM
Grease his hair and give him a few years, and you won't be able to tell them apart.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 30, 2015, 01:13:16 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 29, 2015, 03:59:57 AM
Grease his hair and give him a few years, and you won't be able to tell them apart.

I know.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on December 29, 2015, 11:59:50 PM
I died a little inside when Han Solo did.
I knew beforehand that he was gonna die, so I was just waiting for Kylo to betray him during that scene.  But yeah, I still can't believe he's gone! :(  And he was such a major character!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

It's annoying that the First Order felt the need to make their superweapon planet sized. Overcompensation.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah. But what annoys me the most is Kylo Ren. I think it would have been better if he never took off the helmet. I'd still think he was cool.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

Lolz.

Aaanyway, I found an interesting article giving more clues to Rey's identity and other interesting tidbits: http://www.dailydot.com/geek/star-wars-force-awakens-novelization-highlights/

Eulaliaaa!

Hmmm, that's interesting. I was wondering why R2-D2 had woken up, and that makes sense :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.