News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Zootopia?

Started by Ashleg, January 05, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

*Revive*

Because it's better than MLP!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

KoudoawaiaVortex

I love them both so there. Mael's family was moving the rest of the stuff from the old house here a week ago and I set his sister's boys up with Netflix and Zootopia is what they chose to watch.

Ashleg

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 13, 2017, 04:54:57 PM
*Revive*

Because it's better than MLP!

Who are you and what kind of beating did you order?!

Quote from: KoudoawaiaVortex on October 13, 2017, 07:11:11 PM
I love them both so there. Mael's family was moving the rest of the stuff from the old house here a week ago and I set his sister's boys up with Netflix and Zootopia is what they chose to watch.

Haha.

Zootopia would have been better had it followed a more traditionally "Disney" route, I feel.

Last night, after I saw the MLP movie, driving home with my mom I commented how I liked that it had a real villain and not somebody like Bellweather.

To prove my point, she went "Who?"

I mean come on.

MR.BIG SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE VILLAIN AND HAD A VILLAIN SONG.

Wylder Treejumper

Yeah, no. I liked how the movie took a more subtle- and ultimately more interesting- route. Zootopia is not a musical, its a buddy-cop movie, and I like it that way. Musicals are all well and good, but this one would be a bad fit. Chief Bogo said it best:
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Andy

Zootopia is the best Disney movie I've even seen, and I've seen The Lion King hundreds of times. This movie was refreshing, in so many ways. Sure it could have been even better, and yes maybe the villain wasn't the best villain, but it was an amazing movie and it didn't need a villain musical number. Also Mr. Big being the villain would have been way too obvious and I definitely prefer the shades of gray and how he worked with Judy and Nick.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Wylder Treejumper

Personally I think Bellweather as a villain was brilliant, because you can see why she became a villain. I mean, the inscrutable Voldemort villains can be well and good, but in Zootopia you can understand Bellwether's motivation. She's pushed around by Lionheart, and is basically a laughingstock and puppet. It's easy to see how she could have started off believing she was doing the right thing, and then it slowly devolved into her simply taking power. So yes, definitely not the most intimidating villain, but in my opinion scarier for it. Because in real life, villains are not usually mob bosses or faceless evil folks. They are folks like me and you who have not made the tough choices necessary to live a moral life and have thus been corrupted.

Plus politicians make great villains, because they pretty much are implicitly ::)
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

Wylder. Debating. Again?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Maybe we should petition for a new topic in the Hearth called "Wylder". That way he can say what he normally does throughout the boards. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Quote from: Delthion on October 14, 2017, 02:56:30 AM
Maybe we should petition for a new topic in the Hearth called "Wylder". That way he can say what he normally does throughout the boards. ;D
Or have all his posts need to be approved by a moderator.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Guys. You can have opposing opinions about something and talk about it. That's the purpose of this thread: to discuss the movie! If we all just said, "I totally agree with everything everyone else thinks all the time," it would be really boring.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

James Gryphon

It would be just like my English class discussion board.
« Subject to editing »

a crumb

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 14, 2017, 07:48:40 AM
It would be just like my English class discussion board.

Or any class discussion board, ever, really.

Ashleg

All my class discussion boards consist of are things like "Deadpool is real" and "Ecks Dee". And then the teacher shuts them down and we have a real discussion instead.