News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Zootopia?

Started by Ashleg, January 05, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Fur is one of the hardest things to animate, apparently; they must have had a heck of a time in animation.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

I saw it last Monday, it's a cute movie.

Ashleg

Quote from: Skarzs on June 23, 2016, 06:32:22 PM
Fur is one of the hardest things to animate, apparently; they must have had a heck of a time in animation.

That's interesting... I'm assuming only in 3D animation, because in hand drawn animation it's really easy.

Is water one of the easiest? Lots of old movies have really real looking water!

Wylder Treejumper

One thing I noted was that they did facial expressions exceptionally well. Nick's face after Judy saves them both from being iced was especially hilarious.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

Gonna go watch this now since I have the DVD~~~.

Wylder Treejumper

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

CaptainRocktree

My brother and I went to see Zootopia. I thought it was really good! It had lots of easter eggs and jokes, which made it even better!   ;D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

So many Frozen refs...

And that Breaking Bad reference, too. ;D
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

CaptainRocktree

Haha, That was one of the best parts.  ;D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Ashleg

Did anyone else find it odd that there were no dogs and cats anywhere in the movie (as far as I saw)?

Wylder Treejumper

Well, I think the idea is that because there are no humans, there couldn't be any domesticated animals. Dogs and cats are just domesticated versions of wolves and wildcats, after all.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Ashleg

See, that would make sense, except in Disney's other "no human" movies, like Robin Hood, there are dogs and cats aplenty.  ???

James Gryphon

Robin Hood was made 40 years ago, and while the characters were zoomorphic versions of Bretons, the film wasn't about that distinction. It wasn't a rigorous "no human" world. Anyway, the new film's called "Zootopia", not "Animaltopia". I'd expect the creatures to be more exotic. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

Gonff the Mousethief

There is truly a reason you are our Cellar President Ashleg...
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.