News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Adventures of Sir Fredrick

Started by LT Sandpaw, February 22, 2016, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

He bought armor, it cost his weight in gold and was made from paper.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Far from being weak, however, this paper was made from thick bamboo fabric. With the help of an exotic mixture of non-flammable oils and plant resins, it was as tough as high-quality mail, while being as light as paper.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Unfortunately, a dragon swooped in and stole all the armor in the land.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Fortunately, this didn't include the bamboo armor Fredrick had purchased, which was not actually at the smithy's yet, but was on backorder; it arrived by ship the next day. After putting it on and finding that it fit perfectly, Sir Fredrick decided to assemble a company of knights to go on a brave quest to slay the vile dragon.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

But then, there was a torrential downpour of water, and although the bamboo fabric was strong against all other things, when mixed with water, it dissolved.

James Gryphon

Fredrick was a little disappointed, but not overly so, as the bamboo armor wouldn't have likely helped against the dragon anyway, and the reward the King had offered for slaying the dragon was much greater than the cost of the armor he bought. The knights, twenty in all, set out on their quest towards the dragon's lair, heavily armed with crossbows, swords and dragon-slaying lances.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Unfortunately, since all of the armor was gone, once they fought the dragon they were all set on fire.

Groddil

Fredrick jumped into a large pool of water in order to escape the dragon's fire. But there were actually two dragons, and the second was a frost dragon. It froze the pool of water into ice, trapping Fredrick 30 feet below the surface.

James Gryphon

@Groddil: We reset the teams; you still on side B?

Fortunately, the fire from the first dragon melted the ice, freeing Fredrick, who bravely led his knights in continuing their assault. The bolts and lances of the company of knights worked over the dragons' defenses, wounding and exhausting them; they couldn't hold out against Fredrick's forces much longer.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Unfortunately, then a third dragon appeared, bringing all fifteen dragons from the surrounding country.

James Gryphon

(Eh? Edited my post a bit; you might want to rephrase that.)
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

(You can't just edit a post after you see another team's defence! ;D)

Kitsune

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 14, 2016, 04:37:44 AM
@Groddil: We reset the teams; you still on side B?

Fortunately, the fire from the first dragon melted the ice, freeing Fredrick, who bravely led his knights in continuing their assault. The bolts and lances of the company of knights worked over the dragons' defenses; both were near death.

Aye.

The knights finally managed to bring down the dragons. Unfortunately, they discovered that the dragons were the only thing stopping Cthulhu from ascending from the pool of water and destroying the kingdom. Cthulhu ascended from the pool of water and destroyed the kingdom.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Delthion on September 14, 2016, 04:39:20 AM
(You can't just edit a post after you see another team's defence! ;D)
Uh, I didn't. I was in the middle of editing my post before I saw you post something new.

Fortunately, Cthulhu was no stronger than the group of dragons that had preceded him; Fredrick, leading the valiant company of knights, led in the battle against the squid-being, and ultimately plunged his blade into its heart, ending its life. The grateful King and villagers couldn't offer Fredrick the same rewards that he had hoped to receive at the beginning of the quest, but promised that Fredrick would be the royal general henceforth.
« Subject to editing »