For the Throne - An Alternate Universe RP

Started by The Skarzs, February 25, 2016, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Still out of breath, Reed sped after Linty, his eyes darting around, searching for any of Kraoleck's soldiers.

Anna walked slowly out of the gate, her eyes scanning the land desperately. If Reed had gotten hurt, she would never forgive herself.

OOC: sorry for the short post, not much else I can do.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Tis fine, lets have them show up at the town, and start causing trouble. ;) Then hopefully someone else will post. Maybe they could run into Fauken.

BIC:

They crested the rise in record time and sped down into the town's outer limits where several beasts were starting their day. Linty put on a fresh burst of speed and crossed between two buildings half a pawstep ahead of Reed.

Breathing heavily the young rat held up her paw, slowing to a halt bending slightly to suck in oxygen. "Your fast Reed," She complimented once she had her breath back, "No beast could ever keep up wit' me in a sprint." She paused to watch a small contingent of soldiers pass, proudly bearing the mark of Kraoleck. She wished one of them would draw their sword and show it off, but their blades remained sheathed, and the passed without even glancing towards the two.

"So, um, thanks fer walkin' wit' me Mister Reed. Twas nice meetin' you." Linty said at last looking back at Reed. "Where ya going to go now?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: In regards to meeting Fauken... Skarz was talking about having her meet the resistance for a little bit, so I could have Rusk send out beasts to find Reed, who then brings all three to the resistance "HQ" in the woods. That would fulfill bringing Reed back, do what Skarz wanted, and give some more action to Linty. (or possibly bring about the end of the resistance)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Reed smiled. "Ah, home would be nice." He let out a sigh of relief as the soldiers left. Now that he knew where he was, he could go find the resistance's old camp. Maybe there were survivors who could tell him where the others went.

"Reed. Reed!"

Something wrapped its arms around him from behind, and he glanced back at Anna, who was hugging him like she would never let him out of her sight again. "Mum!"

Anna let him turn to face her before hugging him again. "Where were you? I was so worried, I thought you were hurt." She grabbed his shoulders, looking for any injuries.

He chuckled, giving a small shrug. "Ahhh, y'know. This rat, Linty, found me in the forest. I was over by... er, Grongilf's place. Y'know, the grumpy old guy. I wandered off and fell asleep under a tree."

Anna hugged him once more, relief flooding into her heart. "Thank goodness you're safe. Don't you ever get lost again, you hear me? I thought the resistance members found you and killed you or something."

Reed's smiled faltered for a second. "... No, of course not. You think they'd stand a chance against me? Though I'm sure you took care of them in the attack... right? None of them left? That would be bad."

Anna shook her head. "Unfortunately, many got away. We couldn't get them all. I wish you'd join Kraoleck's army, you'd be so helpful."

Reed shrugged. "Fighting's not my thing. I should... probably get home."

Anna gave a quick nod. "Of course. I was just on my way to Salahadoron. I'll see you later, ok?"

Reed smiled and nodded, glancing over at Linty. He would have to get rid of her and run over to the old camp, he couldn't tell if she was with them or not.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Watching the whole exchange with a bewildered expression Linty scratched her ear. Either the fox was crazy, or the lizard, and she wasn't so sure that one of Kraoleck's soldiers were allowed to be insane. Linty tilted her head trying to make sense of what she had just seen.
"Uh, that's yer mum?" She asked looking at Reed.

Eulaliaaa!

Reed smiled. "Oh, not really. When I was a baby, my parents both died. Anna found me and raised me, doing what she could for me while still remaining loyal to Kraoleck. I just call her mum. Er... you should get going home now. I've got stuff to do."

The Skarzs

Fauken had a run in with yet another soldier, a small, thin rat. This one happened to discover the big knife the wildcat had on her, and attempted to put her under arrest for carrying an illegal item. Having had quite enough of the silly guards, Fauken tried to be as gentle as possible, but there was no way of knowing how much of a headache he would have until he woke up, and she didn't feel like waiting around that long.
  Once she was finally away from the town's outskirts, Fauken started humming happily, looking about at the land that awaited her with her one eye, and she travelled north, unknowingly in the direction of the once-resistance outpost.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Ennalee still hadn't made up her mind about the Resistance.  The time appointed in the letter had already come and gone, and she tried to tell herself that she had lost whatever chance she'd had, but in spite of herself, she couldn't push the Resistance out of her mind.

That was it.  She couldn't hang around the house for days, worrying herself to death.  She was going into town for a change of scenery and some fresh air.

With that, Ennalee put on her bonnet and walked downstairs.  Telling Millie she was going out, she left the house and headed in the direction of the town.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Lady Amber

OOC: So, I don't want the RP to die, but I'm not really sure what my character can do right now. :-\

The Skarzs

OOC: I'm not entirely sure either. Do I make a resistance character and see what I can do to help them? Or do I just let them play out by themselves without my help and I'll continue with my own characters?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Well, I had some really cool stuff planned for my characters  :-\

Hmm, maybe if @LT Sandpaw  were to reply with his character, we could get to the old resistance camp, meet up with Fauken, find the resistance, and get this RP going again ;D

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Sowwy :-[

IC:

"Oh, that's nice o' her," Linty said awkwardly. "I guess tha's kinda what Millie an' Mistress Silvertail did for me." She shuffled her footpaws, backing away from Reed. She'd started to grow fond of him, and she had never had many friends.
"Maybe I'll see ye around?" She hinted, looking hopeful.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: *Gasp* He posted. He actually posted! @Skarzs, he posted! He posted! ;D

I'm gonna go have lunch, then I'll post with Reed.

LT Sandpaw

I can no longer be blamed for how dead this RP is. ;)