News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Black-furred creatures

Started by Nightfire, October 07, 2011, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Have any of you ever noticed how Brian Jacques inserted a black-furred version of a species every now and then? I am making a list, so if any person notes that I've missed one, then please tell me who. This is what I have so far:

Ranguvar Foeseeker---Squirrel
Zaran the Black---River Otter
Captain Rake Nightfur---Hare
Cluny the Scourge---Rat
Shadow---Rat/Weasel?
Farran the Poisoner---Fox
Most of the moles in existence. ;D

Do you know of any other Redwall characters with black fur? Good or evil, it doesn't matter. I think it would've been really cool for there to be a black-furred badger. Was there one?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Heeheehee! I guess you're right. Moles are naturally black, even though they were always brown or gray in the cartoon.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

Oh, so this counts as character discussion? Really? Huh, sorry. I thought it was in the same catagory as the 'Non-badgers with the Bloodwrath' topic.

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

What was Shadow, exactly? It was never clarified! :D

Skalrag of Marshank

Well, in the show, he is portrayed as a rat...

I think Brian meant for his species to be undefined. It adds to his mysteriousness. (If that's even a word... ;D)
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I looked 'im up on the Redwall Wiki. Said he was supposed to be a rat, although he was often believed to be a weasel as well. I'll just label 'im as both!  :D

Muse

There wasn't a black badger, but I believe there was a black fox.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Plugg Firetail

Yes it was Farran the poisoner.

Tiria Wildlough

BLACK OTTERS!!!
Sorry, that was random. ;D ;D
I really like all the black creatures, specially Zaran. She is pure awesomeness. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

rakkety tam

it would be cool if there was a black hare
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: rakkety tam on October 08, 2011, 06:22:29 AM
it would be cool if there was a black hare
There is, Rake Nightfur from The Rogue Crew.
Received mostly negative reviews.

rakkety tam

ssshhhhhhhhhh i'm still at eulailou dont tell me  lol
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace