Empire Rising

Started by Hickory, June 14, 2016, 04:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

OOC: When'll the vermin reappear?

Hickory

OOC: Groddil - not for a while. I'll tag you guys when you're needed.

Ashleg - Alright. I'm sorry to see you go, but we'll make it work.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

The fighters made it within the planet's outer edges, before they began to fall apart in earnest. Dann could hardly pay attention to Lacy's fighter as he once again lost steering and communication. The ground was getting nearer - there was nothing for it - he had to eject.

A rush of cold wind stung his face as he was flung from the cockpit. He pulled his parachute, and swung crazily around in the air with the swirling icy winds. He swiveled around-hopelessly lost in the snowy climate - where had Lacy gone? Would she eject? Were they both going to die out here?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

LT Sandpaw

Opening the canopy Lacy released her seat strap holding onto the sides of her firefly. Icy wind whipped past her ears as she flung herself up and away from the doomed starfighter. Lacy barely had time to gasp for air before she felt herself jerked skyward, the Firefly spinning in a death spiral towards the world of brilliant white below. Powerful winds had almost pushed her upwards on their own. Scrabbling at her chest Lacy found her parachute cord and pulled it, feeling her swift descent suddenly cut short as the parachute deployed.

Looking about Lacy felt her heart race. It was hard to see anything in the fog, though the occasional escape pod could be spotted rocketing towards the planet. There was no sign of Dann, they must have separated once they reached the lower atmosphere.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

The Daynora was virtually empty now. With all the surviving crew members on or heading towards the planet, the Empire fighters formed back together and sped off into space. The empty hull of the starship started crashing towards the planet...

Fatch of Southsward

A lone mammal, who considered the icy planet its home, was inspecting the large lumps of metal and charred wreckage of Dann's fighter. It chewed uncertainly on a bit of scrap, and shook its head. This material was not food - whatever had happened here, it was of no use to it. As it turned a small pile of snow erupted beside it.

Sputtering and spitting, Dann appeared from that pile. He glanced around in time to see the animal depart, with a sound of displeasure. Clearly it was not used to live beings ghosting up from the snow. He groaned and detached himself from the parachute. There was no one and nothing in sight in any direction. Not that he could see very far anyhow. The situation was bleak. Very bleak.

He forced himself to stand, drawing a blaster pistol and scanning the area. Who knew what this strange planet had hidden within its darkest corners?

LT Sandpaw

Lacy's descent was cut short as she landed hard on a frozen pond. Freeing herself from the parachute, which blew away Lacy struggled to her footpaws shaking snow from her whiskers.
"That was fun," She laughed quietly taking a step forward.

Crack!

Lacy froze, in more ways then one, as cracks spider webbed across the ice. Her ears drooped as she tried to slid her footpaw forward. More cracks appeared, spreading further across the pond. Her initial impact must have weakened the ice, which hadn't frozen all the way through. Lacy had no idea just how deep the pond was, but it appeared she was a good ten tail lengths from shore.

She didn't want to die out here alone, of hypothermia either above or below water.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Wow! You're in a pickle. What are the chance of parachuting down and happening to land in the center of a small frozen pond??  :D They've got to be low. Anyways, I don't know if we're supposed to meet up now, or somewhere else. Ideas?

LT Sandpaw

OOC:
Well if the terrain is anything like some places the chances are pretty good. Though I think the chances of landing on a only partially frozen pond is even smaller. ;D ;)

I think we're supposed to meet up. But that's up to Sage.

Hickory

OOC: Try and meet up. I can introduce my character soon after.

Fatch of Southsward

Dann Jared was in trouble. He had to find shelter soon, or everything was finished. Maybe an escape pod could provide sufficient cover from this horrific climate. He was wearing simple clothes - never intended for a polar setting. Shivering endlessly, he trudged on through the blinding snow.

By chance, he had landed very close to Lacy. In a short time he spotted smoke and wreckage - it had to be Lacy's fighter!

He hurried towards the carnage, and spotted her, alone in the center of an icy pond.

He half started onto the ice, before regaining his senses - if he did something like that they would both die for sure.

"Lacy, how do we get you out of this? You've got to get out of there now? What can I do?!" - He shouted desperately.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Everyone else? Hallooooo?

IC:

Seeing Dann Jared rush up to the edge of the pond Lacy felt tremendous relief. Of all the creatures that could have chanced upon her, the mouse Dann was the one.

"I think the ice is breaking." She yelled, making sure to keep one eye on the slowly growing cracks. "If I hold still I'll be fine." For a little while at least. She added to herself, her paws were shaking, and there was no way to hide it.
"Do you have any rope?" She asked looking up, trying her best to keep the frantic tone out of her voice. "Maybe you could pull me out."

Fatch of Southsward

Dann shook his head frantically - "A rope, a rope, I need a rope!" He wrung his hands - there simply were no ropes to be found, who would store rope in the middle of an icy tundra?

Then it hit him, literally. Lacy's parachute strings were billowing in the wind.

"Quick grab the other end of the parachute! I'll pull you out of there. Try to evenly distribute your weight! If you fall through that ice..."

LT Sandpaw

"Throw them out further!" Lacy yelled, straining to reach the silk cords which whisked in the wind just out of her reach. As the folds of the parachute swung back around Lacy lunged forward snagging onto it, just as the ice she was standing on buckled inward taking her down. Freezing water caught her tail and her back footpaws but she managed to hold onto the edge.
"Aaah!" Tightening her grip on the parachute, Lacy's claws grew white with the tension, he lower legs and tail already submerged. "Pull quick!" She screamed as she slid helplessly, further under the dark water.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Where is everyone else taking shelter? We need to meet back up with the main group somehow!

Dann, seeing his friend in serious trouble, grabbed the parachute and practically sprinted away from the pond's edge, pulling Lacy in his wake. He heaved with all his strength, hoping that it was enough.

As soon as Lacy was on shore he jogged back.

"That was a scare, Lacy, but you're not out of the woods yet! Quick this way! He grabbed her shivering hand and marched her to a piece of her ship. It was still burning, from the ship fuel, and the warmth alone could save Lacy's life.

"Stay here, I'll try to find some sort of shelter!"