News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Shoutbox topic

Started by Hickory, June 14, 2016, 07:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Well, it was removed for a reason. :P I believe there are some discord servers as an alternative to it. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

(Yes, I'm technically supposed to be gone, faded away, and retired, all simultaneously, but what can I say. A bird-lion's got to have at least half as many lives as a cat.)

Some of you asked about server trouble earlier today, which eventually culminated in all the PHP-related things on the site going down with an "Internal Server Error".

From what I can tell, this was the product of a major bug in the new version of SMF, 2.0.16. Some problem with the 2.0.16 RSS/XML news feed is said to, at least in certain cases, result in 'eating up CPU usage', which apparently manifested itself in the delightful error screens y'all were able to enjoy this evening in place of your regularly scheduled programming.

Fortunately, as you can see, the trouble's been worked through and the site seems to be in good order again. Thanks for y'all's patience during this difficult situation.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Thanks for the update, James!
Also, good to see you can still communicate after all this time of silence. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DanielofRedwall

On that note, I have (with some help from James) updated some of the forum security stuff, so we should see a decrease in spambots for a little while. :) (Feels odd announcing this on the Cellars but hey while we are on the topic I guess. :P)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Verdauga

Thanks for the updates and fixing the issue that quickly guys! :)
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Yeah, thanks for fixing things quickly!  Much appreciated.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Sebias of Redwall

(I was gone, so I wasn't even aware that anything had happened, but thanks, guys!)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: James Gryphon on June 14, 2016, 09:03:23 PM
Just type stuff in and hit Save, I think.

Do be warned that admins can look at it, so it's really the "Personal & Matthias & James Notes".
To the FPC!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Matthias720

You do realize that's no longer the case, right? :P

lass of something much

It's still funny! Wait, what's nolonger the case?
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Matthias720

lass of something much

*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!* This is fine...I'm fine.... :P
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Matthias720

Good. Glad we cleared that up. ;D

lass of something much

*inturnel screaming* O.O
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

James Gryphon

Made a long-overdue security tweak to the forum, setting it up to redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS. Then, in case you somehow nevertheless manage to get to an HTTP page anyway, there's a notice that allows you to switch to the secure version. I thought about phasing this change in more gradually, but since practically every page on the internet uses HTTPS nowadays, and only old browsers are generally incapable of accessing it, I figured that it would be unlikely to have an impact on any regular members. As always, if you notice any unusual problems, be sure to let us know about them.
« Subject to editing »