News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

OOC: It's my fault really, never made it clear except in the character sheet.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

OOC:
Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 18, 2016, 02:46:09 AM
OOC: ok, just wanted to make sure.

BIC: Seizing the chance to show the others she could hold her own in a fight, Eul jabbed at the zombie's throat with her machete and yanked upward, pulling the zombie's gnashing teeth away from Jason's face. It lay on the ground, still trying to get up and Eul swung her machete down several times to decapitate the zombie. Seeing it was dead, she turned back to face Jason after scanning the surroundings for more zombies.

"Are you ok?"

So everything that Jason has done is Eul's fault! KILL EUL!!! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: how were we to know he would turn into what he did? Huh? Huh? From what I know, you were supporting him the whole time!

Anyhow, in a situation like this, silence is golden for a girl like Eul O:-)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Well, Jason did have a small chance of surviving - he could have been exiled under certain circumstances. I must say his recent response has made survival very unlikely.  :o
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

OOC: Cruel mercy. He's acting like he wants to die, so don't give him what he 'wants.' :p

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: I.... I don't think that would ever work with this group of people, in this situation, Groddil. :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

OOC: I know. Snarkasm. :p

Anywho...

Goooooooooodbyeeeeeeeee moonmen! I say goodbyeeeeeeeeee a moonmen. Goooooodbyeeeeee, moooonmeeeeen. Goodbyeeeyeeeyeeeeyeee a moonmen. Goodbye!

Fatch of Southsward

General Stone considered for some time. The survivors had gone silent, so he decided it was time to make a decision. Just before he did so, Eric whispered something into his ear. Whatever it was, Stone did not look pleased.

"Axel. Matt. Nick. Get them all on their knees."

For one terrifying moment each survivor looked up into the cold eyes of General Stone.

"I will settle all of our debts here and now."

One of the knights had left earlier, and now returned carrying a fire axe. He handed it to Stone with a firm nod, before backing up again. Wielding the giant axe as though it weighed naught, Stone strode confidently before the line of survivors on their knees. Some of them struggled. Jason in particular. Others were still.

He walked to the first one on the line: Eul.

"Eul, as I believe you identified yourself. I do not know your past, but I doubt the claims against you. I find you responsible for saving the life of Eric. We owe you a life's debt."
He laid the fire axe on her shoulder, with the sharp side facing outward. "If you be willing, you may rise now as one of us: a knight. If not, you are free to go once all has been decided." (I'm going to continue along to the others. You can respond to this part whenever you get the chance, as though it had only just happened. Don't consider the lines that happen after this point.)

After Eul had answered, Stone moved on to Delthion. He placed the axe on his shoulder, sharp side in. "Delthion, I find you partially guilty in the death of Sir Mark. You may not rise as one of us. I will not, however harm you. Axel has vouched to protect you. You may leave here in peace when all has been decided. You will be well supplied for your journey."

After Delthion had answered, he moved on to Antonio. He placed the axe on his shoulder, sharp side out. "Antonio, I find you responsible for saving the life of Eric as well. The life debt is already owed to Eul alone, but we give you our gratitude. You may rise, if you wish, as one of us. As our brother."

After Antonio had answered, he moved on to Kyle. He did not place the axe on his shoulder. "Kyle, Eric has told me that many times you opted to leave him behind to die. For this reason you cannot be one of us. We have no quarrel with you, and you did help us get Eric back, willingly or unwillingly. We will supply you well for the journey you will take after this. I wish you nothing but the best of luck, friend. If we encounter you again, we will make no aggression towards you."

After Kyle had answered he moved onto the last survivor left: Jason. He slammed the blunt side of the axe down on Jason's shoulder, dislocating it with a sickening crunch. "You destroyed the life of our dear friend. I find you guilty in the death of Mark. And of the deaths you have caused in the past. As punishment each member of the Knights who wishes to will inflict vengeance upon you. They may not kill you yet, however."

A small line formed before Jason. One by one the military men punched him in the face, slapped him or kicked him. Each one said only the same words. "For Mark. For his family." Several of them wiped their eyes. Mark had been well liked. With each strike Jason was injured more. Soon streams of blood poured down his face, and his nose was broken. Teeth were missing in considerable number.

The line eventually came to the Mark's children and wife. His wife shook her head, and slapped him. He was already bruised and bloody, and he spat the rusty taste to the side, letting out a hoarse cough. She glared at him, but looked appeased. "I can only wish you luck with whatever comes after this world, Jason. My husband would have forgiven you, but I cannot."

Next each of her children approached, but they merely glared at him, and walked off silently. Perhaps a worse punishment than the blows.

Finally the last man in line reached the front, Axel. He had shed his coat, and wore only a tank top. Bulging biceps and muscles struggled to be contained even by this. The massive man wiped a single tear. "Mark was my best friend. Knew him since we was kids. The breath you draw now that he's gone's an insult to his memory if ya ask me."

Axel took a boxers stance, and delivered a crushing blow to Jason's lower stomach. Jason felt ribs break, and organs recoil. His breath came in gasps - one of his lungs had been collapsed by the blow. Axel bowed his head and backed away. Jason's head was down, staring towards the ground. He had no energy left to lift it.

"Now." Said a slightly shaken General Stone. "Eul, as payment for the life's debt I give Jason or Delthion's life into your hands. By rights we should kill Jason for what he has done to us. If you wish to fulfill your debt by saving him from us, you may. If you wish to finish him yourself, that is also your choice. We respect your decision on this matter. If you kill Delthion, we must let Jason live."

Stone fell to a knee in front of Eul, and handed her the axe. She took it and looked slowly up at Jason. She could end his life now with a single swing. Beside him, there was a stump. She could swing the axe into the stump to spare him. She glanced to her friends Kyle and Antonio. They could offer her their advice. She approached Jason, and he coughed one last time, spitting blood and saliva into the earth. He raised his beaten brow slowly, with lots of effort, to look into her eyes. One of his eyes has been shut by the blood flow. His nose was sideways and broken and his mouth was missing half his teeth. His good eye had lost the raving, mad look. It held only defeat. He prepared to utter what last words he could. His breath was shallow - he had been beaten at last. She glanced sideways to Delthion. He nodded slowly to her. It was all up to her now.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: This is one of the big moments in our story. I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. I hope I've written it to the level it deserves. Sorry for beating up Jason, Groddil. ;)

I hope I can match this moment in the rest of the story (I at least feel that it's a pretty cool moment.). I've got a plan or two already in play.  ;D

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: oooooh dang. OOOOOOOOOOOH DANG!!!

WHAT?!

;D

Oh jee, oh good golly gosh, oh me, oh my. Wow. Wow wow wow.

Huh, Kyle or the Knights. Kyle or the Knights. Who is Antonio going to be with? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Wut. Hum. Oh dear me, this is intense.

Well, here goes nothing ;D

BIC:

Eul stood to her feet, thanking Stone quietly. She watched the other survivors as Stone dealt with them, noting their reactions and answers. Her mouth opened slightly as Kyle was told he couldn't stay, but she decided not to say anything. She would have to think and see what to do. She watched as the Knights beat Jason nearly to death, not feeling bad for him, but still sickened slightly at the situation. Even more so when she was handed the ax, and with it, Jason's life. She stood before him, looking to the others to see what they were wanting. He was a danger to herself and her group. He would kill them if she didn't end his life, she knew that much.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Just a reminder - You can also kill Delthion instead. (Just making sure you know that's an option.)

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Yeah.... yeeeaaah...

POWER!!! UNLIMITED POWER!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Groddil

"What are you... Waiting... For? Do it. Already... Gonna die... Anyway. Stupid... Brute. If.. You kill... The kid, last thing... I'll do."
He coughed heavily, spitting blood.
"Is take... You with... Me."
The survivor closed his eyes, the blood made vision impossible. All he waited for was the end. The sweet relief of death, to become reunited with his family. His true family."

OOC: Kinda weird how even though Del and I had the exact same role in Mark's "death", he gets to go free and I get killed. (Because whether or not Eul kills me, I'm not gonna survive.)

Hickory

OOC: Feel free to join the Knights you two, Kyle will happily remain outside, providing intelligence and a helping hand to Knight operations.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Eul, Kyle, and Antonio have been together longer, they can trust each other. Just because these people are against Byurn, doesn't mean they can be trusted. Splitting up would be a really bad idea.