News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

World War 1 CYOA

Started by Hickory, October 24, 2016, 06:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Yeah best reload, also we should remove the weights, and scope so that we can use our rifle at close range. Maybe remove the silencer and equip the bayonet instead.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 30, 2016, 11:31:41 PM

Yeah best reload, also we should remove the weights, and scope so that we can use our rifle at close range. Maybe remove the silencer and equip the bayonet instead.

Hickory

You can switch the bayonet and scope, but the weights are complex mods that require a safe environment to switch. ;)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

You pull back the bolt on your rifle, emptying the last cartridge and leaving the rifle completely empty. A grope behind your back gets you two strips of bullets, which you press into the rifle. Before any Germans appear, you push the bolt back and remove the silencer and scope, sticking the bayonet on the barrel. Now, you can help out the tank.

The driver, a man by the name of Edwards, is standing by the damage. "Well, looks like th' tread's been broken apart. One of the hull platings was blown off, an' the gun's mechanism has been all but destroyed. We'll still be able to move, as long as you fix the tread."

You nod. Sticking some metal pieces back together can't be too hard. "Have a look through the Jerry's stuff," remarks Edwards. "Should have something useful."

The anti-tank soldiers do indeed have some useful items.

You got a P08 Luger, and three clips of ammo.
You got a flask of liquor.
You got 3 sticks of dynamite, and a detonator.

Turning back to the tank, you kneel down by the broken tread. A quick fix is all that's needed, just like the driver said. But how should you do it?

How will you fix the tread? (remember, you have multiple options as to what to do.).

Wilson's inventory
Bolded items are equipped.

1 SMLE MkIII bolt action rifle. (20 rounds, 0 rounds loaded)

P08 Luger. (three clips, 1 clip (8 bullets) loaded.)

Note: Your sidearm allows you to quickly finish off enemies if your main weapon is unable to. Some sidearms have advantages, like powerful revolver's distance abilities. Most, however, are equal in most ways.)

1 pair of field glasses. (allows you to spot targets at farther distances)
4 armor piercing rounds. Fires from your rifle.
1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Weights to balance out the weapon. Makes it harder to wield in CQB.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.
-Bayonet to attach for charges at enemies.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 flask of liquor.
[close]

Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the dynamite, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.

LT Sandpaw

Check for tools and spare parts in the back of the tank.

And/or closely inspect the damage to the tread.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

A closer look at the tank's tread gives you a good understanding of how it works. Steel plates are riveted together in a flexible manner, but maintain a strong link and can hold up the tank on the ground. You look around at the back of the tank, in the storage compartment.

You got - two pistol mags. (requires modification to fit into pistols)
You got replacement plates.
You got a monkey wrench.
You got a screwdriver.
You got a hammer.

You return to the broken tread.

How should you go about repairing the tread?

Wilson's inventory

1 SMLE MkIII bolt-action rifle. (20 rounds, 0 rounds loaded)

2 pistol mags. Requires modification to load into pistols.

Note: Your sidearm allows you to quickly finish off enemies if your main weapon is unable to. Some sidearms have advantages, like powerful revolver's distance abilities. Most, however, are equal in most ways.)

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 flask of liquor.
Replacement tread parts.
Monkey wrench.
Screwdriver.
Hammer.
[close]

Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the dynamite, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.

Groddil

Remove broken plates with wrench and screwdriver, then attach new plates with screwdriver and hammer?

Hickory

You cover your hands with mud and slop some on the broken links, so the hot metal doesn't burn you. Then you set about taking off the plates and setting new ones in place. A quick job with the hammer and screwdriver fixes them, so nothing except an artillery shell can break them apart. Levering the treads back onto the tracks on the tank, you mentally pat yourself on the back for a good job, before putting back the tools you took.

You lost the monkey wrench.
You lost the screwdriver.
You lost the hammer.
You used replacement plates to repair the tank.

Now, what to do?

Fix the other breakdowns on the tank - broken hull plating, and/or the cannon. (Remember, these are not necessary for the tank's operation)
Check on the stolen goods.
Other (specify. This could range from checking over your inventory to walking around the immediate area.)

Wilson's inventory

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 flask of liquor.
[close]

Groddil

Drink some liquor to reward ourselves for a job well done, then try and fix the cannon.

Hickory

Pulling out the flask of liquor, you unscrew the cap and take a gulp. The fiery German liquor warms your throat in the chilly wasteland. You feel a little tipsy and your vision blurs a little, but it quickly clears up. The warm, fuzzy feeling still remains, however. Before heading back around to the side of the tank, you set the half empty flask back on your waist.

The 6-pounder cannon on the landshap is manned by a Scottish man with a thick mane of hair and an equally thick accent. "Ach, it's the repairman," he half jokes. "Names McManus." He holds out his gloved hand, and you reluctantly shake it. "What's the problem with the gun?" you say. "Well, the firin' mechanism's been blown to [weasel], an' it's virtually impossible to load a shell in th' tube, since it's blocked. You'll have to clear the tube, then find a way to make the cannon fire a shell without killing all of the crew."

He pats you on the back before leaving to check on the other crew members. The gun is indeed devastated. How in the world will you fix it?

How will you fix the cannon?

Wilson's inventory

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 flask of liquor.
[close]

James Gryphon

Clear the tube, then find a way to make the cannon fire a shell without killing all of the crew. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

You look into the tube. It's been jammed up with debris; loose metal, mud, and other identifiable objects. You start to reach into the tube.

Ssssss!

"OW! MOTHER OF-"

Your hand has three new scars - The tube is still searing hot from the last shell fired, and the metal inside is also incredibly hot, meaning that you have some burns on your hand. Cooling off your hand in the mud by the tank, you consider. You need to find a way to get the debris out, without injuring yourself.

How will you get the debris out?

Wilson's inventory

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 flask of liquor.
[close]

James Gryphon

Pick up the cannon with your super-strength and shake it to clear all the debris out.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

This is what the tank looks like, and the cannon you're fixing is the one to the left of E33. (from the inside, of course.)

Here's a cross section:

Groddil

Get the hammer, shove it into the barrel, then get the wrench and shove the hammer down through the blockage. (with the wrench)