Martin the Warrior Movie- Dishonering Martin's Sword?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, January 12, 2013, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Of the three TV show series of Redwall books, Martin the Warrior is defunautly the best. Even though it isn't too acurate, its still a good movie. But after waching it recently, I'v just noticed something that might bring it into a new light. In the Movie, Rose gets killed by Badrang by being stabed by Martin's Sword...Martin's sword was used to kill Rose! Now, in the Redwall series, Martin's Sword is put in the posetion of several evil beast, but the sword itself was never acully used againted to good side. But, in the movie of Martin the Warrior, it is used againsed the good side in a way that makes the sword a dishonorable object. Now, this dosn't mean that the movie is bad, but with this noticed it should be brought in a new light.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

I wish they had Rose die the way she died in the book. You are right though.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

The sword of Martin was used by a stoat or a weasel to murder another stoat for no reason in Salamandastron

321tumbler

Actually wasn't it Luke's sword that killed Rose and the he used the same hilt for his new sword?

Tam and Martin

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

In the Redwall Movie:Martin the Warrior they have her die by the sword.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 13, 2013, 08:38:12 PM
In the Redwall Movie:Martin the Warrior they have her die by the sword.

Oh ok, thanks for reminding me.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Captain Tammo

Yeah I wish the movies stuck to the book. Why were they so different???
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tam and Martin

I don't know. Maybe it will be harder to do it in animtion.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on January 12, 2013, 08:44:44 PM
The sword of Martin was used by a stoat or a weasel to murder another stoat for no reason in Salamandastron
I know, but it was never acully used againsed the good side, which was done in the Martin the Warrior movie.

Life is too short to rush through it.

DanielofRedwall

I think the reason they made Rose's death as it was was because it was, essentially, a kids show. I'm not sure how many kids would understand how someone would die by getting hit against the wall, regardless of how hard they are hit. I also think that if they did use the book's version of events it may be a bit graphic. I know that getting stabbed is more graphic, but they made the death off-screen to lessen that, and a hit against a wall isn't something that would be easily explained off-screen. And them afterwards they'd have to show Rose, and I imagine that after such impact there would be quite a few broken bones, and she would look a bit grotesque as such.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Romsca

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 14, 2013, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: Romsca on January 12, 2013, 08:44:44 PM
I know, but it was never acully used againsed the good side, which was done in the Martin the Warrior movie.

But it was still a murder! And that's wrong no matter who it is. That stoat was defenseless.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on January 18, 2013, 01:53:00 PM
I think the reason they made Rose's death as it was was because it was, essentially, a kids show. I'm not sure how many kids would understand how someone would die by getting hit against the wall, regardless of how hard they are hit. I also think that if they did use the book's version of events it may be a bit graphic. I know that getting stabbed is more graphic, but they made the death off-screen to lessen that, and a hit against a wall isn't something that would be easily explained off-screen. And them afterwards they'd have to show Rose, and I imagine that after such impact there would be quite a few broken bones, and she would look a bit grotesque as such.
I do agree with that.

WoodenSpoon

A sword is a weapon, and a weapon has no honor in itself.  Honor depends on whose using it and how. I am sure Badrang used the sword for evil acts when he had it in the book, but it once again became a heroes weapon when Martin and his successors used it for good.