News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wich Redwall movie is better?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, January 12, 2013, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich one is your favourite Redwall movie?

Redwall (season 1)
4 (10.5%)
Mattimeo (season 2)
10 (26.3%)
Martin the Warrior (season 3)
16 (42.1%)
I like them all
7 (18.4%)
Can't decide!
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Romsca on January 14, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
Lemurs are monkeys
Correction: they are not. They are primates and are related, but a lemur is not a type of monkey, as lemurs and monkeys belong to seperate groups of the same order. Monkeys are more closely related to apes, baboons etc., while lemurs are more closely related to lorises, tarsiers etc. Sorry, that's just my nerdy side coming out there!

Now, back on topic...

Mattimeo for me. It was the most accurate to the book, the only thing I really found a bit annoying was the Painted Ones. They were nowhere near as threatening as I would have hoped, although it was a kids shows. Not to mention that they definitely looked like lemurs! But there was more about the other two that annoyed me when compared to Mattimeo. For instance, with Martin the Warrior there was Pallum, and there was way too much to Redwall for me to mention! So, Mattimeo gets my vote, as it was the most accurate.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on January 18, 2013, 02:15:06 PM
For instance, with Martin the Warrior there was Pallum

I know, every time I read that book now my mind gives him a female voice!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

That was so annoying! They did the same thing with Keyla too, I think

Romsca

Sorry about the lemur thing; they are different from monkeys. I found this on Wikipedia comparing lemurs to monkeys. That means lemurs are not the same thing as monkeys

Quote from: WikipediaLemurs have traditionally been regarded as being less intelligent than anthropoid primates, with monkeys and apes often described as having more cunning, guile, and deceptiveness. Many lemur species, such as sifakas and the ring-tailed lemur, have scored lower on tests designed for monkeys while performing as well as monkeys on other tests.

Lutra

Redwall is hardly the only show where characters have changed genders to balance the group out so they're not all male/female.

Watership Down - original film added a female on the journey, tv series changed Blackberry into a doe

Animals of Farthing Wood - owl, kestrel, weasel, and adder were all male in the book, but female on the tv show
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on January 21, 2013, 12:56:23 PM
Redwall is hardly the only show where characters have changed genders to balance the group out so they're not all male/female.

Watership Down - original film added a female on the journey, tv series changed Blackberry into a doe

Animals of Farthing Wood - owl, kestrel, weasel, and adder were all male in the book, but female on the tv show
I don't see the point in balancing it out in the t.v show. I mean, if the books had them male, then couldn't they just as easily be male in the shows?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

surfdude

I think Martin the Warrior is the best. The director Raymond Jafelice had done such a good job and kept quite close as possible to the original book.
Find Glass Splashbacks London as per your requirement.

Ungatt Trunn

I really didn't like Season 1. It had hardly anything from the origonal book, and some of the scenes were just silly.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

I've only seen Redwall Part-of-season-one, So that's what I voted!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 30, 2013, 08:45:34 PM
You can see all of the seasons on YouTube. That's were I saw them!

Life is too short to rush through it.

i am that is (Matthias)

i say redwall but only because it is the only one i have watched. i bet that my answer would be different if i had seen other seasons.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 30, 2013, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 30, 2013, 08:45:34 PM
You can see all of the seasons on YouTube. That's were I saw them!
Same! Except for Redwall cause I watched that one from the Library.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Russa Nodrey

I think Martin the Warrior was the best.
Freddy

JangoCoolguy

Mattimeo for me, mainly thanks to my love of Tim Curry  ;D

Also really liked Martin the Warrior too.

Gotta admit, not so crazy about Redwall. They unwisely tried to make it more episodic and even added new events & characters. Which is fairly ironic considering how they streamlined the plots of the next two adaptations.

I really, really wish it had lasted longer. I would've just loved to have seen what they could've done with Mossflower...  :(

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.