News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Can’t remember this character

Started by October Ale, September 18, 2021, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

October Ale

It has been a while since I last read the books and I'm trying to remember the name of a minor character. I don't recall which book he is from but he is a vermin (ferret or weasel I believe) who is the chief of his tribe and he carries a stone axe. At one point he accidentally hits his own leg with his axe. Does anybody happen to recall this character's name and which book he is from?

clunylooney

Redwall Wiki lists these as known axe wielders:
Orlando the Axe
Sagaxus
Folgrim
Sholabar
Cleckstarr Lepus Montisle
Nimbalo the Slayer
Marlfoxes
Dagrab
Plugg Firetail
Cornspurrey De Fformelo Tussock
Riggu Felis
Asheye
Pikehead Nokko
Felch
Wakka
Grullba Deathwind
Armuk Rinn the Conqueror
Gawtrybe
Skor Axehound
Ruggan Axehound
Inbar Trueflight
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

October Ale

Quote from: clunylooney on September 20, 2021, 07:35:43 PM
Redwall Wiki lists these as known axe wielders:
Orlando the Axe
Sagaxus
Folgrim
Sholabar
Cleckstarr Lepus Montisle
Nimbalo the Slayer
Marlfoxes
Dagrab
Plugg Firetail
Cornspurrey De Fformelo Tussock
Riggu Felis
Asheye
Pikehead Nokko
Felch
Wakka
Grullba Deathwind
Armuk Rinn the Conqueror
Gawtrybe
Skor Axehound
Ruggan Axehound
Inbar Trueflight
Much obliged for the list my friend. Unfortunately, having gone through the list, I don't see the character I have in mind. A stone axe that he hits himself with in the leg or foot, he was not a very intelligent chief, and I think his encampment were cooking around small fires when this happened. I wish I could remember more, but it has been far too many years.

LordTBT

Quote from: October Ale on September 18, 2021, 06:34:40 AM
It has been a while since I last read the books and I'm trying to remember the name of a minor character. I don't recall which book he is from but he is a vermin (ferret or weasel I believe) who is the chief of his tribe and he carries a stone axe. At one point he accidentally hits his own leg with his axe. Does anybody happen to recall this character's name and which book he is from?

A minor vermin who carries a stone axe....we really need more detail than that for a 22-book series.

Tungro

I feel like I know what you're talking about, but I've just not read them in so long

October Ale

Quote from: LordTBT on September 21, 2021, 02:44:57 AM

A minor vermin who carries a stone axe....we really need more detail than that for a 22-book series.
I wish I had more to offer friend. Unfortunately it has been probably 15 years since I last read the books. I was hoping that the clue of him hitting himself in the leg with his own axe would spark somebody's memory enough to remember him.

LordTBT

Quote from: October Ale on September 21, 2021, 09:08:27 PM
Quote from: LordTBT on September 21, 2021, 02:44:57 AM

I wish I had more to offer friend. Unfortunately it has been probably 15 years since I last read the books. I was hoping that the clue of him hitting himself in the leg with his own axe would spark somebody's memory enough to remember him.

Sounds like it's time to jump back in! Unfortunately, that's not enough information for approximately 8800 pages of text. Also, you could be misremembering those minor details.

However, based on my best efforts, you are thinking of Felch or Balefur.

https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Felch
(Taggerung)

https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Balefur
(Outcast)

If it is neither of these, I suggest you have it here...any character who carried an axe will be listed in the search results.
https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=axe&scope=internal&navigationSearch=true