If you could tell/ask Brian Jacques anything, what would you tell/ask him?

Started by ILoveMTW, June 11, 2012, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 01, 2012, 03:25:50 AM
  How?
Like this: Jakes. The name Jake, with the s at the end. It can get confusing though, because a lot of people (including myself for a while) thought it was pronounced Jocks
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Redwallfan7

I would ask him what he thought of the illustrations in his books.

Stripedog

I really would've liked to ask him about some of the influences on the books. I know he was a big fan of poetry, especially the Greek classics, and you can see that in his preoccupation with the heroic. There also seem to be some religious influences, especially in Redwall, where the Christian references are the most numerous and obvious. And like I said in my intro post, he liked Aesop and fables, so I would've liked to ask about that.

phoenixfoden

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

blindsimeonjtp

I would have asked him  why no movies with real live people
and tell i love his books

Redwallfan7

I would ask him if he would ever do a book tour of Mossflower (I mean, if he was still alive.)

Lutra

Quote from: blindsimeonjtp on October 02, 2012, 03:12:32 AM
I would have asked him  why no movies with real live people
and tell i love his books

That I think he's given an answer with the Q&A sessions that were originally on the old redwall.org site.  Brian was never about mass media--he always wanted children to be involved with books and reading, never really watching.  That is possibly why there never has been a big-budget movie (CGI or otherwise) of Redwall.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dreamer

I'd first ask him if he was a Christian (I'd be heartbroken if he didn't go to heaven) but I would have told him his books were my favorite of favorites. I also would have hugged him.
~Dreamer~

Lutra

He was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school.  Interpret that as you will....I believe he qualifies as raised Christian.  Pretty sure he still was at the end.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Rainshadow

If I could ask Brian Jacques one thing, it would be this:  Why did you have to die? :'(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!