TWG One Game Thread (starts on page 3)

Started by abbey account, May 14, 2019, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbey account

LINKS:
Day 1 Start- http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=10989.msg672205#msg672205

Hey everyone.  I like to play TWG (the werewolf game) pretty much wherever I can find it, and your community sent a representative to the Mafia Championships so I assumed there was some kind of presence here.  I guess while that isn't entirely the case I'd still like to try hosting a game and see if anyone is interested.

The Basic Rules

The rules of forum mafia are pretty simple.  The roles are randomly handed out before the game starts, and there will typically be two factions:  Wolves/Mafia, and Humans/Villagers.  Terminology is pretty loose and I even tend to flip between different nomenclature when playing.  The goal of the game for Werewolves is to survive until the number of Wolves is equal to the number of Humans.  The goal for Humans, naturally, is to eliminate all Werewolves before this happens.

The game is played in Day/Night cycles, both of which last a certain period of time (let's say, 48 hour days and 24 hour nights).  During the day, Humans will try investigating and interacting with each other to figure out who among them is actually a Werewolf in disguise.  Each day, players vote for people to indicate suspicion, most likely on this forum by bolding a player's username.  At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched and is no longer in the game.  Each night, Werewolves choose a player to kill, and anyone with a night action (usually referred to as a Power Role) can use that as well.  Power Roles can do anything from save a player's life to telling you what another player's role is.

So that's pretty much it.  The rules are indeed simple, but there's a lot of strategy and nuance that goes into the game, and it's suuuuuuper addicting.  With that said, anyone who is interested in learning how to play, or anyone who knows how to play and wants to help learn, please sign up here!

I think I'll make a quick little nine player setup here:

Setup

The Wolf of Redwall Abbey

Werewolf faction:

1. Asmodeus:  One-Shot Lynchproof Vest(If the player would be lynched, instead their vest is removed)
2. Slagar the Cruel: One-Shot Strongman (Once per game, may use this power to prevent the factional kill from being stopped)

Human faction:

3. Pasque Valerian: Doctor (Once each night, may PM the host with a player's name to prevent that player from dying in the same night)
4. Lord Brocktree: Day 1, 2 Charismatic Human (This player's votes count as two rather than one on Days 1 and 2)
5. Guosim Shrew: A vanilla human (shrew?) with no special powers.
6. Guosim Shrew: A vanilla human (shrew?) with no special powers.
7. Guosim Shrew: A vanilla human (shrew?) with no special powers.
8. Guosim Shrew: A vanilla human (shrew?) with no special powers.
9. Guosim Shrew: A vanilla human (shrew?) with no special powers.
[close]

Players:

1. Tungro
2. Cornflower MM
3. The Grey Coincidence
4. Ouroboros
5. NADAZ, VOICE OF THE HOST AND REDWALL CHAMPION
6. Jetthebinturong
7. Soneji
8. ShyYoshiGuy
9. Jack the Quick

And if I'm being dumb and should be ashamed, please let me know ahead of time.  Thanks

Tungro

So I am not entirely sure how this works, but it sounds fun and I would join

Cornflower MM

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Ouroboros

I'll sign up on the condition that this is a more traditionalist style game (as I assume it is due to you not originating from this specific forum). What I mean is that players must find out everything by themselves and through discussion, not from arbitrary clues provided by the person running the game (which feels like a cop-out, especially when they are completely misleading). When I last played here, 95% of people who were voted out were only done so because the game's organizer basically told everyone "this guy did it," even when said person was just a regular town player.

abbey account

Quote from: Ouroboros on May 15, 2019, 07:35:28 AM
I'll sign up on the condition that this is a more traditionalist style game (as I assume it is due to you not originating from this specific forum). What I mean is that players must find out everything by themselves and through discussion, not from arbitrary clues provided by the person running the game (which feels like a cop-out, especially when they are completely misleading). When I last played here, 95% of people who were voted out were only done so because the game's organizer basically told everyone "this guy did it," even when said person was just a regular town player.
I know some places like to hide information in flavor; that's why the only named roles flavorwise are also unique rolewise, so nothing like that should make a difference.  All that exists is mechanics.

Ouroboros

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Soneji

Learning that one of my favorite series as a teenager had a forum active enough to send a mafia champion is the best part of the event this year for me.

I'll join.

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

ShyYoshiGuy

Here to play TWG

Cornflower MM

Am I going crazy, or did 4 members join just to play a game?

On a side note, I'm thinking about withdrawing. I want to play a calm chill game with friends and now I don't know four of you, plus I've read some of the MU games and  been in the Discord spectator chat. Y'all are way above my skill level (and I suspect the skill level of most of us here) and I'm just not sure it'll be very fun at all. I haven't made up my mind yet though.

Jack the Quick

I'll join. Also, will we be playing more than one game so that if you're lynched you can still play later?
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!