News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

TWG One Game Thread (starts on page 3)

Started by abbey account, May 14, 2019, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbey account

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 27, 2019, 10:48:28 PM
I'll join. Also, will we be playing more than one game so that if you're lynched you can still play later?
I'd like to be able to make games a consistent thing, if there's enough interest.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 27, 2019, 08:18:34 PM
Am I going crazy, or did 4 members join just to play a game?

On a side note, I'm thinking about withdrawing. I want to play a calm chill game with friends and now I don't know four of you, plus I've read some of the MU games and  been in the Discord spectator chat. Y'all are way above my skill level (and I suspect the skill level of most of us here) and I'm just not sure it'll be very fun at all. I haven't made up my mind yet though.
Here's the thing about this:

first of all, TWG is a great way to make new friends and welcome new people to your community, like me!  I read all the redwall books as a kid/young adult so you can expect me to stick around.
Secondly, as the host I won't be able to help newer players too terribly much without compromising game integrity.  Having more experienced players like FG, Soneji, and NADAZ who understand it's a game for beginners means they can help out everyone who wants to learn.  They will also help drive activity up.
Thirdly, Shy is a friend of mine from NSM forums who is still new to TWG, but already has a grasp of the essentials.  You can sort of look to him as an example of where you can expect to improve immediately by seeing what he does differently from you.
Ultimately if you decide to out it's up to you, but I think the current roster is just about perfect for learning to play.

EDIT: including cornflower we've reached 9 players!

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Soneji

We come in peace. I can play a chill game and am a low poster by nature so don't worry about any sort of skill gap or competitive focus on my end :)

Captain Tammo

Let me know if you want the game pinned up once it's started. This looks like it'll be fun to watch!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

abbey account

That would probably help people return to it in absence of a separate board!
For now I'm just waiting to hear from corn flower again.

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Funnygurl555

Jetthebinturong

Eh why not. I'm in.

Also if no one objects, I'd like to host the game after this one. If anyone from Mafia's original hayday on this site is reading, they'd know that I hosted once before, but failed to finish the game. I promise that won't happen this time.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Nadaz, voice of the host

Sounds great!
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 04, 2019, 03:21:26 PM
Eh why not. I'm in.

Also if no one objects, I'd like to host the game after this one. If anyone from Mafia's original hayday on this site is reading, they'd know that I hosted once before, but failed to finish the game. I promise that won't happen this time.

abbey account

Still waiting on cornflower to confirm their status :x

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Does anyone else want to join as Corn's backup?

Cornflower MM

We've never bothered with back ups before, I don't see why we would start now.

Either way, it doesn't matter, because even though none of my concerns have really been addressed, I'm in. Would have mentioned it sooner but I've had a busy few weeks.

Rosie Willowwater