Martin the Warrior Movie- Dishonering Martin's Sword?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, January 12, 2013, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WoodenSpoon on January 19, 2013, 12:05:56 AM
   A sword is a weapon, and a weapon has no honor in itself.  Honor depends on whose using it and how. I am sure Badrang used the sword for evil acts when he had it in the book, but it once again became a heroes weapon when Martin and his successors used it for good.

I'm not trying to say that it has honor itself; I was meaning about what it stands for to Redwall creatures.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Hickory

Revive.

One could argue it wasn't the same sword, because th blade was broken and it was reforged. The "proper" sword of Martin (sword 2.0) never killed Rose.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Personally I don't care. I don't think it matters if Martin's sword is used to kill the good guys, it's just a sword.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

A sword is a sword, and can't be responsible for the lives taken with it. Without a wielder, it isn't going to do anything.

Besides, with the sheer amount of deaths it is used to take, it might be more infamous than anything.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I think that it would be dishonoring Martin's Sword, if it was actually Martin's sword that killed Rose, it wasn't Martin's Sword until Boar reforged the blade, at the time of Rose's death it was still Luke's.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Quote from: Delthion on September 27, 2015, 07:08:16 PM
I think that it would be dishonoring Martin's Sword, if it was actually Martin's sword that killed Rose, it wasn't Martin's Sword until Boar reforged the blade, at the time of Rose's death it was still Luke's.

Technically it was Badrang's because he "owned" it, but Martin could put in a case saying that by descent it belonged to him, Luke's will, had there been one, would've said something, the sword wasn't officially possessed by Martin, although it was his rightful property. (but there's no court in redwall anyway. :P)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

What I mean is...that it wasn't the figure of all that is good because it isn't actually the sword forged out of the star, then it isn't actually Martin's Sword, the Sword that is almost mythical in its properties.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

clunylooney

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 12, 2013, 06:04:56 PM
Of the three TV show series of Redwall books, Martin the Warrior is defunautly the best.
That's debatable. I think Mattimeo was the best but each to their own.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

WorshipTiria

I feel the need to say, in the TV series Martin the Warrior's sword is different from how it is described in the book, because the book defines it as having a red pommel stone, and having no marks or nicks in the blade. In the TV series it's pommel has no stone and has I AM THAT IS inscribed on it.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

WorshipTiria

But as old Methuselah said, " a sword is just a sword, Matthias. It is not magic and can be used for good or evil."
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE