News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

the 'what if' game

Started by Vulpin, August 02, 2011, 10:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Song Swifteye

the redwallers would have probably died :'(

would if you got the redwall cd
give em blood an vinegar chaps

Nightfire

I WOULD BE SUPER SUPER HAPPY!!!!!

What if Martin the Warrior was never born?

(again, hoping for one of James Gryphon's essays)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

This one's not as long as some of them, but I hope it'll still be enjoyable. ;)

Well, the destiny of Luke the Warrior remains essentially the same. Sayna would still most likely be murdered by Vilu Daskar, and Luke would still go on his quest -- but having no heir, and knowing he would be the last member of his family line, Luke would take his sword with him on his journey. From there it would end up forever lost in the northern seas.

Some time after this, Badrang the Tyrant would begin to construct a dread fortress, Marshank, from which he would impose his rule over all of the northlands. Laterose of Noonvale and Grumm Trencher manage to help Brome and Felldoh escape from their ##:1162, but they are soon separated.

Rose and Grumm, unfortunately, stumble across the so-called "Highbeasts", a tribe of pygmy shrews, and are taken as slaves. Dinjer, the shrew queen's son, is eaten by a gannet, and the would-be questers are stuck in the shrew camp for many seasons.

Felldoh and Brome have somewhat better luck, and eventually, with the help of the local Rambling Rosehip Players, found the "Fur and Freedom Fighters". However, the group takes a massive blow when Felldoh is killed after making a single-pawed effort to kill Badrang. In the end, the Fighters attempted battle with Badrang's army. Badly outnumbered, they were easily crushed, and the few survivors were taken back into captivity.

With nobody left to oppose his rule, Badrang eventually finished building Marshank and set to work on expanding his empire. By the end of his life, he controlled practically all of the Eastern Coast, although his forces never got as far as Noonvale.

Within just a few seasons of his death, however, Badrang's infamous Empire began to collapse, as his bloodthirsty children and former subordinates descended into a violent civil war. By the time of The Bellmaker, all that remained of the Tyrant's rule were the crumbling ruins of Marshank itself.

The history of the Mossflower Woods, and of Redwall Abbey, can be found here, since Martin never left the north in that timeline either.

What if badgers were evil, and all wildcats were good?
« Subject to editing »

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zalamandastron wid be a vermin fort.

Wot if the meteor tha' Martin'z zword was created from had struck Kotir instead?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Icefire

It's possible (and in fact probable) that's it's worth would have been unknown and would have been wasted. Martin's sword would have never been reforged and he would have fought with a lesser weapon which possibly would have let him down in battle and he may then have been killed by Tsarmina.

What if Rose couldn't make eagle noises? (since no one answered last time I asked!)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Martin would've been eaten messily and gruesomely in front of the other slaves, and then the aforementioned from James' essay would have happened, minus the bit about Luke.  :'(

What if Slagar the Cruel had been a Redwaller?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

rakkety tam

as a spy or just a plain ol redwaller
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Tiria Wildlough

Then he wouldn't have had to use sleeping powders. ;)
What if Gorath had not met Salixa?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Gorath may never have conquered the bloodwrath

What if Doogy Plumm wasn't in Rakkety Tam?

Nightfire

Then the whole book would have been a distaster.  :o

What if Cluny the Scourge had never existed?

Icefire

Matthias would never have become a warrior.
Or he wouldn't have become one until General Ironbeak showed up.

What if Mattimeo hadn't been captured by Slagar?

Dannflor

He would have been naughty for the rest of his life

would if Brian never wrote the castaways of the flying dutchman
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Icefire

I would never have been able to point to non-Rewall examples of BJs work

What if Bryony hadn't tried to raise Veil?

Tiria Wildlough

He would have been an Outcast a lot sooner. :-\
What if Plugg had killed Princess Kurda?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Then Redwall may have been conquered.  :o

What if Ranguvar Foeseeker had been immortal, and had lived throughout all of the Redwall generations?