News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

So if you were gonna read/write a fic about somebeast getting married...

Started by Osu, January 07, 2014, 10:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...which couple would you read/write about?

Zaran and Skipper (Doomwyte)
3 (23.1%)
Columbine and Gonff (Mossflower)
1 (7.7%)
Matthias and Cornflower (Redwall)
2 (15.4%)
Tam and Armel (Rakkety Tam)
4 (30.8%)
Other (please comment!)
0 (0%)
Who else got married at the Abbey, anyway?
0 (0%)
....Deyna and OFC?
1 (7.7%)
..........Orlando and Constance?
0 (0%)
Maybe not Orlando and Constance.
0 (0%)
On the other hand, secret marriage!
0 (0%)
But on the other other hand, stupid. And not canon.
0 (0%)
Shame Dandin and Mariel never hooked up.
4 (30.8%)
But even if they did they probably wouldn't get hitched at the Abbey.
0 (0%)
So that point is moot.
0 (0%)
I thought somebody else in Rakkety Tam tied the knot at Redwall?
0 (0%)
But I can't find any info on it.
0 (0%)
Besides Armel and Tam, anyway. Maybe I'm going crazy.
1 (7.7%)
Oatmeal chocolate chip or butterscotch and cinnamon?
1 (7.7%)
This is why I don't make polls.
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 07, 2014, 11:38:39 PM

Osu

Long story short, I want to write a fanfic about a wedding at the Abbey. It occurs to me that I can't think of very many couples that got married at Redwall, though... *erhem* ...I know most of you aren't hopeless romantics (I promise there will be no gushy kissing~!) but if you were, theoretically, which couple-to-be would you read (or write) about?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Osu

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Osu

Ah, yes, that's true. They kicked some serious butt. I'd have to reread the novel, though; it's been so long since I last read it. ^^;

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Tough choice, but I'd prefer Tam and Armel. Think you help me with my fanfic, Osu? Writers block....Is there a cure?

Osu

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 08, 2014, 12:14:39 AM
u aren't the best at polls by the way

LOL
Hehehe. *innocent face*

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 08, 2014, 06:12:30 PM
Tough choice, but I'd prefer Tam and Armel. Think you help me with my fanfic, Osu? Writers block....Is there a cure?
Hmm, they'd be a good one, too. I might even be able to work some hares into that one...

Writer's block. Well as far as general suggestions go, there are a few in this thread that might help you out a bit.

I take it you're referring to the 'Bryony and Bryant' story, correct? How about throwing some major conflict in between the siblings? Like maybe Bryant runs into some vermin in the valley, and the two siblings get separated. They'd have to find their way back to each other on top of escaping Riftgard (surely there's going to be a slavecatcher after them at some point?). Plus you'd have two different POV's to work with, meaning two different adventures, sorta. Then if you were ever stumped on one character's adventure, you'd be able to work on the other until inspirations rears its splendid face once more!

I'm not sure if I helped, but I hope you've got some ideas, at least...? Good luck on your story!

rachel25

Deyna and OFC. I love Denya.  ;D What does OFC mean? The only thing I can think of is Own Character.

Osu

Oops, sorry! OFC means Original Female Character. Deyna's pretty sweet, isn't he?

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Matthias and Cornflower, Tam and Armel.

Those I wished to see more about.

Osu

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 10, 2014, 07:30:47 PM
Oh and you forgot Mattimeo and Tess, and Bisky and Spingo.
Sweet, thanks! Once I started trying to think of couples married at the Abbey I just couldn't come up with the names even though they're all over the books, haha.

I'm warming up to Tam and Armel -- I can see her bossing him around during the ceremony. ;D

You guys have been very helpful, thanks for your thoughts, everybody!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Osu on January 09, 2014, 02:46:32 AM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 08, 2014, 12:14:39 AM
u aren't the best at polls by the way

LOL
Hehehe. *innocent face*

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 08, 2014, 06:12:30 PM
Hmm, they'd be a good one, too. I might even be able to work some hares into that one...

Writer's block. Well as far as general suggestions go, there are a few in this thread that might help you out a bit.

I take it you're referring to the 'Bryony and Bryant' story, correct? How about throwing some major conflict in between the siblings? Like maybe Bryant runs into some vermin in the valley, and the two siblings get separated. They'd have to find their way back to each other on top of escaping Riftgard (surely there's going to be a slavecatcher after them at some point?). Plus you'd have two different POV's to work with, meaning two different adventures, sorta. Then if you were ever stumped on one character's adventure, you'd be able to work on the other until inspirations rears its splendid face once more!

I'm not sure if I helped, but I hope you've got some ideas, at least...? Good luck on your story!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving the idea! I'll have to think a bit more though....