News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Optical Illusions

Started by Skyblade, February 12, 2015, 03:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What colors do YOU see in the dress?

Black and blue
16 (64%)
White and gold
6 (24%)
Something else
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Skyblade

Cool. Thanks for sharing, everyone :D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Originally white and gold, but now mostly blue and black.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

I just can't see anything different to the light blue and darkish gold! But I think I will say no more about that dress now. ;D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Mhera

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 05, 2015, 05:48:06 PM
I just can't see anything different to the light blue and darkish gold! But I think I will say no more about that dress now. ;D
You're not alone! ;D

Luftwaffles

This is a classic one (my apologies if it has been posted already):

Areas of the image A and B are the same color.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

I've seen this one in other places before, but how does it work? What is the explanation?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on March 06, 2015, 04:48:21 AM
I've seen this one in other places before, but how does it work? What is the explanation?

Apparently, the shadow proyected by the cylinder contrasts the lighting on the picture and makes the square "change" its color.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Thanks, Sierra :) That's interesting.

Wot, wot!

Whoa!!!! That's so weird and cool!
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

James Gryphon

I've seen "the phenomenal power of the human mind" one quite a few times. The triangle, though, threw me off. I hate to admit it, but I actually stared at it for quite a while, couldn't see anything wrong with it, and wondered if it was broken, or else, why it wouldn't work on me. Then...

::)
« Subject to editing »

Luftwaffles

Ja, I have seen that a few times before. It is sooooo weird, and yet, strangely funny.

I wonder if it works in every language *runs to to Facebook to use his friends as lab rats* :D

Starla1431

Quote from: Skyblade on March 06, 2015, 09:03:34 PM
Thanks, Sierra :) That's interesting.

I can't see anything wrong.

Lady Ashenwyte

How does the triangle work?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.