Redwall Video Game Kickstarter

Started by scarlet, April 29, 2013, 04:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VedCassib

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 14, 2013, 06:05:26 AM
Well think about it, if Redwall get more awareness, there could be a possibility of a continuation of the Nelvana series or a remake of the animations. But this is just hopeful thinking that I wished were true.

I'd really like to see a serious animation done.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. But you also have to ask, what is the reason it went off air in the first place? And is that reason still valid? Anyway, I'm sure there's already at least one topic on this forum with some answers to the plausibility of getting it started again.

Dawnwing

Yes,  I'd like to see a more serious movie made.  Using CGI like the Guardians of GaHoole movie, for example, would be a good look for it, I think, just so long as the story is true to the book.  Will it happen? I doubt it.  But I'd like to see it.

Shandi

I, for one, would like to see a Redwall movie/tv series where the animators know the difference between a stoat and a wolf. :P

The latest Redwall survivor contest! Apps due May 31st!

Gabe The Warrior

@Shandi,

YES!

@Dawnwing,
I'd prefer a Tv series rather than a 3 hour long film. There would be more stuff in a series, eh wot?

@VedCassib,
Well, I can always dream right..?
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

VedCassib

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 14, 2013, 02:30:15 PM
@VedCassib,
Well, I can always dream right..?

Of course! I'm right there with you!

Mod edit: do not double post.

Well it looks like the countdown was extended and we have to wait until tomorrow.

Edit:
It's up now.

cryptopur

So @VedCassib...how's that last riddle? Figure it out yet?

cryptopur

Dear Redwall Abbey folks,

I wanted to share something here that I haven't shared publicly yet and that's where the riddle thing is going.

The first 25 people to solve the final riddle will get an invitation to our launch feast when the Adventure Game launches. Imagine a Redwall style feast with all the recipes from the books piled high. The scents of warm rolls, hot root soup, hogbake...it'll be awesome!

We're planning a 'castle' a huge cake, and cosplay...so something you'll really love.

But wait - there's more. ;)
Of the 25 invitees, one of those will be drawn randomly to have their trip shelled over 'all expenses paid'  that's travel, lodging, the works.
So, just to be clear, it's kinda  a big prize and big prizes require some significant effort. So if you've been feeling like the puzzles are a little tough...there's a  good reason.

There is no expiration date on the puzzles, just it fills up for the first 25 invitees.
Everybody who solves the puzzle will be rewarded with some cool 'puzzle master' SWAG like sneak peaks, Redwall wallpapers, and the like so even if you're reading this months from now - we hope you'll enjoy the puzzles and we'll try to make it worth your time.

Gabe The Warrior

O.o

An Invitation to a Redwall Feast... My heart skipped a beat just now. Darn it! Why am I in school?! Dx
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Matthias720

*drops everything to go solve puzzles*

Gabe The Warrior

I really.. Really.. REALLY.. hope that I am one of the 25 invitees...!!

Hahaha.. This event reminds me of the contest in Mattimeo where Cornflower and Baby Rollo try figuring out the puzzle.

Shadowed One

I wish I could solve it *sighs* oh, well. ;D
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Gabe The Warrior

@cryptopur: How will Soma Games find out who the 25 invitees are without revealing the solved puzzle if one of us solves it?

Edit: Mmm.. Cosplay? It'd be cool if we wore the clothes that Redwaller's wear, the green cloak. Was it called a Smock?

VedCassib

Quote from: cryptopur on May 16, 2013, 05:00:15 PM
So @VedCassib...how's that last riddle? Figure it out yet?

Not yet. You did a good job with this one. I'm still trying though.

Rusvul

The Redwallers wear habits. I wish I could go to the feast, but I haven't really gotten started on the puzzle at all, and I'm by great at them, so I can't really win. Still, it sounds awesome, best f luck I everyone!

cryptopur

@Gabe, when a person finishes the final riddle they'll have their answer validated and, assuming it's correct, it'll ask you to enter basic contact info like name and address, email stuff. That's how we'll keep track = and the first 25 are counted there.