Redwall Video Game Kickstarter

Started by scarlet, April 29, 2013, 04:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

Quote from: Lily on June 17, 2013, 01:45:10 AM
There's no way I'll be able to attend the feast, but I still want to finish the puzzles. I haven't had much time to work on it recently, but I'll get there... eventually. Maybe.

I'm in the same boat, basically.

WarriorOfMossflower

Wow, this sounds like it's going to be great. Sorry I'm so late to the discussion, until a few minutes ago I had never heard of any Redwall game production. I know Mr. Jacques wasn't much a fan of technology, computers, or anything of that sort, but I bet he'd be pleased that his fans, in the technological world they live in today, will get a chance to experience Redwall in a way that may be more familiar to some of them. I myself am not big on video games, but a Redwall one definitely has me interested. I can't wait! Let me just say, THANK YOU SOMA GAMES!
And, um...would somebody mind telling me where I can find these puzzle things you all are talking about? I'm afraid I missed anything concerning that.  :-\
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

what's everyone talking about what boat and bllllalalalal  :-*

Shadowed One

I don't know, but that is the URL.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: VedCassib on June 15, 2013, 04:55:21 AM
Quote from: Romsca on June 14, 2013, 09:15:24 PM
So, where is the feast?

My guess is somewhere near Newberg, Oregon. Because That's where Soma is located it makes the most sense to me.
So its a real-life feast?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

Yes! It will have foods from the Redwall Cookbook.

VedCassib

Just in case anyone missed this, Cryptopur posted a topic about Abbey Craft.
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=4255.0

rachel25

Will you have to pay for Redwall the Warrior Reborn and do you have to download it  :-X

VedCassib

Quote from: rachel25 on June 25, 2013, 08:33:12 PM
Will you have to pay for Redwall the Warrior Reborn and do you have to download it  :-X

Yes, you will have to pay for it so that Soma Games can make money. As for downloading it, it seems most likely for them to release it as a downloadable game rather than disc. And they have said that they are thinking about releasing it on Steam.

LordTBT

Quote from: rachel25 on June 25, 2013, 08:33:12 PM
Will you have to pay for Redwall the Warrior Reborn and do you have to download it  :-X

Yes. To play the game, it will cost money. Just like you have to pay for a Redwall book if you want to read it.

You will have to download it in some form of fashion - likely either via Steam, or an App store for your mobile device should it get released that way.

Discs are a thing of the past.

It's 2013, downloading from trusted companies is safe. It's not 1996.

Lutra

Maybe its not 1996 but I sure am a dinosaur compared to most.  No apps, no smartphone (just one of them dumb ones :P ), no game systems, only a computer.  Sounds like I might be left in the dust on this game release if a Windows computer cannot play it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Quote from: Lutra on June 26, 2013, 02:31:49 AM
Maybe its not 1996 but I sure am a dinosaur compared to most.  No apps, no smartphone (just one of them dumb ones :P ), no game systems, only a computer.  Sounds like I might be left in the dust on this game release if a Windows computer cannot play it.
I also only have a computer, but I think that we're fine with only this.(Since Skyrim plays on the PC!  ;))

The game sounds pretty cool, but as Lutra said, if it doesn't work on Windows, you can forget about me playing.

LordTBT

Quote from: Lutra on June 26, 2013, 02:31:49 AM

They're shooting for a Windows release. And if you donated to the project, AbbeyCraft will work on Windows.

However, if your computer is quite old, it may not be able to process the graphics efficiently, or you may not have enough RAM to properly run the game. Anything older than mid-00s probably won't cut it.

Lutra

Heh, not to worry....I'm on Windows 8 Pro. :D  More than enough power to run the game.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra