Summer of the Samurai!

Started by Tungro, June 03, 2019, 10:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack the Quick

Busher sighed. Scarl never changed.
"Wait, Busher, go get reacquainted with everyone. I'll get Wedaln," Jabda said. Busher smiled in thanks as Jabda took off. A while later, Jabda entered the Cavern Hole with kunick and Wedaln, where everyone was hanging out.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Kunick was not sure how he'd been dragged into cavern hole, but he supposed he wouldn't have been able to evade capture forever...
Idly he knitted, waiting for his inevitable punishment.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

Bert followed the Abbot and the others into Cavern Hole. It was time to introduce his self to the Abbey if he planned on making it his home. "Ahem. Excuse me, but you're Abbot Scarl I presume, eh wot?"
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

"Ah, Kunick, there you are! Get down do the kitchens right this minute and report to Frier Rogs! As soon as he is finished with you report back to me!"
"Brusher, please accompany Kunick and inform the Frier of our coming feast."
He turned to Bert,
"And you must be the newcomer I was informed of. What services do you require?"

Jack the Quick

Busher sighed. He had just been saved from having to get Wedaln, now he had to go see the friar. With a second sigh, Busher grabbed Kunick's arm to prevent any attempts at fleeing and started down the hall to kitchen.
OOC: Er, who's going to decide what Friar Rogs is going to do with Kunick?

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 22, 2019, 09:25:40 PM
OOC: Er, who's going to decide what Friar Rogs is going to do with Kunick?
@The Grey Coincidence

Sebias of Redwall

Bert bowed dramatically. "Well yes, my splendid chap! I am here to ask if I'd be allowed to stay in this jolly Abbey of yours? ...I'm a great... um... fighter and food taster. Wot wot."

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

The Abbot looked at him doubtfully,
"We have plenty of food tasters and we have no need for fighting beasts. Hmm, I suppose you could stick around and just lend a paw wherever needed. Find Sister Golde and she will show you to your new room."

Sebias of Redwall

"Thank you, Father Abbot." Bert gazed around. "Er... And where would, uh... this jolly Sister Golde be? Eh, wot?"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Friar Rogs sighed at the sight of Kunick energetically waving at him. The mouse half-lived in the kitchens! And was always up to some sort of mischief... not that the poor Friar could prove anything... but once he'd discovered a suspicious number of crumbs on the 'freshly cleaned' dishes.
"Hello Friar!" Kunick called, grinning ear to ear.

Jack the Quick

Busher looked at the Friar with an exasperated look. "Hello, Friar. The Father Abbot sent me to make sure that you punish Kunick. Uh, can I go now?"
The Friar turned and looked at Busher with an amused look on his face.
"Yes, Busher. You may go. I will deal Kunick."
Busher grinned happily as he left the kitchens.

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

The amusement vanished almost instantly as soon as Busher was out of sight. It was only now that Kunick remembered he'd filled the Friar's matress with rotten apples last evening...
Well played Father Abbot... well played...
"You can start with the dishes." Rogs began, pointing at a pile of filthy, food-stained and slimy-looking plates, cooking utensils, spoons, forks and whatnot. The whole thing seemed to be overburdening the sink and indeed nearly reached the roof of the kitchens. It towered over Kunick to say the least...
"After that we have last Wednesday's laundry."
To the mouse's horror the laundry basket's pile was bigger than a badger.
"I daresay it shall take you a while. I want everything spotless. No feast-attending for you unless it's all done to my satisfaction."
Even the ever-confident Kunick had to swallow nervously at the grin of pure evil on the Friar's face.
"Now get to work, chop chop or I'll chop you up and add you to the stew."

Sebias of Redwall

Bert shrugged his shoulders. "I guess I'll go find this Sister Golde then. Tootle pip and cheerio!" With that, the hare spun on his heel and started to walk toward the large red abbey's door. "Hmm...I might see where the bally kitchens are while I'm at it." He commented quietly to himself.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Some Unrecorded Time Later
The feast was finally here! After the preparations were complete, the Abbot announced that the feast was to commence the following morning and go one throughout the day and into the night.
"I want this to be more than any feast Sister, I want this to be remembered for many seasons to come."
"Why don't we make a whole day out of it, Father Abbot? We could hold games and competitions between meals."
"That sounds like a great idea sister!" replied Abbot Scarl, "We need to get the final preparations done by tomorrow!"

Several Days March Away
Kobayakawa rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "What do you think Ashigai, should we cross the stream here or follow it down a few more miles?"
Kobayakawa was a low ranking Samurai, he had been tasked by Diamyo Otomo Yoshiaki to act as a reconocense force for the main body of clansmen. He had with him around a score of yari and katan Ashigaru and his three brothers who were armed with matchlocks. He estimated that he was around three days ahead of the clan.
Ashigai interrupted his thoughts, "I think we should cross her and make camp when we find shelter."
"You have chosen well, Ashigai, we will cross here"