News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RP: The War of the Ice Paws

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, August 20, 2011, 03:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A lone mouse looked out of one of the windows in Great Hall. A nice spring rain was falling outside, and in the distance thunder boomed loudly, which was followed by a flash of lightning.

As a crowd of dibbuns came marching into Great Hall, he turned around. "We wants a story!" said a small vole. This was followed by many an "Aye!" from the crowd.

"Certainly." Said the old mouse, and he settled into a chair. The dibbuns all gathered around him and settled down. When they had all quieted down, he started the tale.

~~~~~

It was the last day of the Autumn. A crisp wind gave a grim warning that a harsh winter would soon be upon them. About midday dark, grey clouds appeared, and had hovering in the sky like  dark, fluffy cars in traffic, and had been in the sky since. Everything was all but silent in Mossflower.

Meanwhile, in Redwall Abbey, everyone had something to do. Almost everybody, of course, except the dibbuns, who had been spending the day playing in the orchard; where all the fruits and berries had been harvested of their produce, and in the gardens all of the vegetables had been gathered as well. There were only a few tasks left to complete to prepare for the winter to come.

OOC: Alright then, who's next?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwall Musician

Diamond Orchid looked over to the Abbey. It had been a long time since she had seen her old home.
"Oh father! Doesn't it look blooming grand!" said Diamond
Her father, Elmswift laughed, "If you take away the storm clouds, then yes, It look rather nice, wot!"
"Hurry up over there! We are almost to Redwall. You lucky chap will get to taste some blinking good scoff," Diamond said to the other three hares in her patrol, "Not that Pimpom needs any more food," Diamond added under her breath. Pimpom was a very fat hare. He was a very good tracker, and Diamond's father insisted that Pimpom should come.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Morena Seio had been travelling all throughout summer and autumn. Now the time of harvest was over, and the huge black wildcat could feel the coming snows. This was going to be a very harsh winter. He tigtened his belt another notch around his thin waist. He had once been healthy and well-fed, but now his tough, sinewy limbs were wasted. There wasn't much honest work for a wildcat, and he absolutely loathed the idea of farming. He was a warrior born, and would not waste his skills tilling soil. Up ahead on the path, he saw the imposing figure of the Abbey of Redwall. He sat down under a tree and watched the gate. Sooner or later, someone would come out. That is when he would make contact with the Abbeydwellers.

Meanwhile, far in the mountains, the great golden eagle, Raio Rei, was soaring high above the wintry peaks. Winter was comng, and he felt the urge to travel south. He flew many miles, and then eventullay sighted Redwall Abbey. Having heard the tales of it from his nest-mother, he wanted to visit. He tucked in his wings and dove downward, then spread them and landed in the center of the Abbey grounds, next to the orchard. "Hello, goodbeasts," he said in a ringing voice, placing a wing over his heart and bowing. "I come in peace and mean you no harm. I merely wished to visit this wondrous place." He looked around at the abbeybeasts.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Trigoma

andronicus was sitting under a tree trying to warm up. a cold breeze hit him and he shiverd visibley. "sigh this is gonna be a long winter..." he started. but then suddenly a giant bird with fierce eyes landed in front of him! "Hello, goodbeasts," he said in a ringing voice, placing a wing over his heart and bowing. "I come in peace and mean you no harm. I merely wished to visit this wondrous place." He looked around at the abbeybeasts. Andronicus look stunned...then fainted
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwall Musician

The patrol of hares was quickly brought in by the gatekeeper.
Diamond made her way to the main abbey building, her father following behind her.
Pimpom and the other two hares were caught up with other Redwallers, who took the three hares to the kitchens to eat.

OCC: Do we have the same abbess as last time?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

OOC: Redwall Musician, were you hitting ENTER at the end of every sentence? The screen is abnormally long and out of preportion. Could you just switch that please? You don't need to start a new line every time you start a new sentence. BIC:

Raio Rei looked at the small form that was lying prone on the grass. "Did I say something wrong?" he asked in bewilderment. "My name is Raio Rei, I am a friend."
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

OCC: I didn't do it. If you were to look up, you would see it was HiaG with post a lot of these things: ~~~~~

Tiria Wildlough

Bluestrype stood on the walltops, staring out into the woodlands. It was already quite cold.
She thought for a minute that she saw something whitish flit away in the trees, but decided that she was just imagining it.
Meanwhile, Tenija Wyteshaft was in hiding, watching the Abbey. The white squirrel could feel a harsh winter coming on, and she wasn't about to let herself get caught out in it.
She had thought of asking the Abbeybeasts for shelter, but Tenija was a loner, and the very thought of eating and sharing living quarters with so many otherbeasts did not appeal to her.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Skipper Webbtail was indoors, doing his usual chores. As he wandered, he saw his pretty wife Wisteria with their babe, Balga. Webb smiled. Balga had been born not long after the great war, where he had lost one of his dear friends. Trigoma. He still had scars on his body from the war, and a big one across his back where he had been slashed. That one would last forever. "'Ello, darling, not being too much of a trouble is he?" He asked.
Balga poked his tongue out. "I be no twouble, I'm too likkle to be twouble," he said.
Webbtail, holding back laughter, nodded solemnly. "Aye, and when you grow up, you can be as much trouble as you like."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Raio Rei poked his golden feathered head into the abbey window and looked at the otters. "I am sorry to disturb you, but everyone seems to have fainted away outside at my appearence. I mean you and the abbeybeasts no harm. I merely wished to ask if I could stay here through the winter."

Redwall Musician

OCC: I'm just going to post using Abbess Merriam (From Peace To Protection). If I need to change it, let me know.

BIC: Diamond was embraced in a hug from the old abbess. "Why, Diamond, you look so much older. I hope that you are doing well," she then turned to Elmswift, "And General, glad you and your daughter are going to be staying with us."
Elmswift bowed polity, "I just hope we aren't to much trouble."
"No trouble at all. Diamond, come, you must see Skipper's babe, Balga. He has grown so much since you last saw him."
And the abbess took Diamond by the paw, to take her to see her old friends from Redwall.

Trigoma

andronicus regained his composure. sitting up he figured he only imagined it. seeing he couldnt warm up he headed into the abbey to see if the cooks needed help in the kitchen, and to warm up by a warm oven. as he enterd the abbey he looked one last time outside, and shook his head. did he imagin it or was there a white squirrle just sitting there in a tree. figuring it was rediculouse cause there was no such thing as white squirrles he headed inside.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Nightfire

Raio Rei was bewildered. Why were the abbeybeasts refusing to talk to him? It wasn't as if he were out to kill their young. The great golden eagle sat down by the abbey pond to wait until a Redwaller came outside and addressed him with some coherency.

Tiria Wildlough

Bluestrype dashed outside. 'There's a great golden eagle!'
The badger was holding a cob of wood, which she waved threateningly the way she had once wielded her battleaxe, which she had hung up in her room.
She came to a halt in front of Raio. 'Who are you and what do you want wth us?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

The eagle shook his head slowly in bewilderment at the badger's behavior. "My name is Raio Rei. I am a monarch of the Northern mountains, and I wish to seek shelter here at the abbey for the winter. Could you please stop threatening me? I mean you no harm." He shuffled back a few paces, keeping eye contact with her.