News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Fox's Fate

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, January 02, 2015, 05:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

It was aimed. The very end of the stone tipped arrow lined straight up with the target. The breath, which not only came from that who was concentrate , but from an individual who was devoted and focused, came forth in a chilled manner, being white from the cold yet comfortable air. Following the gush of oxygen was the release. Through the air the arrow cut, like a fish swimming at high speeds in a onrush of water. It twirled, it flew, it sunk. The stone tipped arrow sank down, leaving a mark on the already punctured target. A sigh was heard from the archer who shot this astonishing shot. The arrow had sadly missed its mark by the width of a hair.

"Marshall!" Yelled a slim fox, dressed in a raggy tunic. "Your father requests your presence in the Main Hall now."
The saddened blue furred fox took of the hood which lay upon his head and strained the quiver on his back.
"Coming Harold," he told the servant.

The doors of the Main Hall opened. In entered the blue doc still adorned with his quiver and bow.
"What do you need father?"
His question was voiced to the older fox sitting on the wooden thrown of his.
"It is 'bout this feast tonight. Does the camp know yet?"
"Yes, they have been told."
"Good, now leave me, I have plans to well, plan!"
Marshall left quickly, never fondly enjoying his father's presence.

He carefully slid out of Fort Woodbound and looked out across the village. Most of the homes where small wood huts, but some yurts and large tents could be seen. Out on his excursion he went, sadly laying eyes upon the nasty, sickly people of the camp. The foxes where disgusting to look at, ears missing, torn tunics, and a stench no other could top. The blue fox hurried along. While walking, he noticed the house of one of his closest friends, Stent. Marshall silently walked over and knocked.
"Anyone home?"

OOC: Sorry for the late start. Also, hope this is a good enought start. Have fun posting!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Finally, I've been waiting to start! :)

Aethslath was sitting on the porch of his small cottage and smoking. "Aethy, Aethy, where are you?" he did not hear his wife Martha. When Martha found him on the porch, she said "Oi, Aethy, get some 'erbs for me, wot." When he did not respond, she promptly smacked him on the head with a rolling pin. Rubbing his sore head, "Oi, what was that for, wot?"
"Get some 'erbs for me you lazy twit! You are always too busy smoking to listen to me, always. Get these herbs or no dinner and you're being sent straight to bed now!" she screamed. Muttering something about wives and whatnot, Aethslath disappeared into the lush forest. "Now, I can finally get some gardening done, wot" she groaned and went inside the house.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Unimaginative

Stent, who had been resting on a simple cot he'd made out of wood and linen stood up slowly, grabbing his crutches and fastening them to his wrists. He limped over to the door and opened it, blinking sleep out of his eyes.

"Marshall? What're you doing here?"

He backed up, motioning for Marshall to come in.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Gonff the Mousethief

"Oh, just passing time waitin' for the feast. Sorry if I woke ya, needed someone to talk to."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Unimaginative

Stent groaned. "Well, I'm up now. What d'you want to talk about? Also, is there anyway I can avoid going to the feast?" he finished hopefully.

Lady Ashenwyte

Aethslath was lost. He couldn't believe it, but he was hopelesslylost. he had found the herbs, but he was lost. "Blimey, where am I?" He then saw smoke on the horizon,"Smoke? Maybe they can give me directions." saying so he walked to the place where the smoke was coming from.

OOC: Maybe he can meet the fox clan here?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

May was sitting in a patch of ferns, enjoying a short rest and a bite to eat. She had found a few blueberry bushes nearby, and supplemented with some soft cheese and bread she had in her bag, they made a good meal.

As she ate, the haremaid pulled a map out of a pocket in her bag and studied it. She wasn't heading anywhere in particular, but she like keeping track of where she'd been. The night before, she'd stayed with a friendly dormouse family, and a few days before that, a kindly old ratwife. Due to events in her Dibbunhood May knew that not all so-called "vermin" were evil and not all "goodbeasts" were good, which made her far more accepting of others.
--------------------------
In the Rockthrivers' village, Ares Stormblade was engaged in a mock duel with one of his few friends, with several others gathered around watching. With one sweeping blow, he disarmed his opponent and sent his blade whirling away to the cheers of the crowd. The wolf walked away, grinning. Nobeast had ever bested him, and nobeast ever would.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Thats fine Lord Ash.

BIC: ''Notin' in particular, accept I got a question. Have you heard 'bout the war?''
Marshall went and sat down on the cot.
''I guess you could, me and Moken will be lonley through...''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Mask

Garen sat silently and watched the duel between Ares and his friend. Ares was a good fighter, but the day would come when he would drink his blood and eat his heart. The thought sent shivers through his body and he licked his lips. But the blood I truly want is fox. It has been seasons since I've eaten fresh fox. The meat is sweet and the blood tangy. he thought. Garen knew the other wolves looked at him in disgust but it didn't bother him. He was one of their best fighters so they couldn't give him up.  He stood up and stretched. It was time for a hunt.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Delthion

Glicthor watched as Ares Stormblade quickly disarmed his opponent in a duel that he had been occasionally glancing at while he was tearing into his roasted wood-pigeon. He's a good fighter, might be useful to have high up in the ranks, then again, those among the rabble usually rebel when such trust is placed in them. He stood up and strode briskly over to the arena, where many cheers were rising from the crowd, as they gathered around Ares. Glicthor moved alongside of him as Ares exited the crowd. "You have some skill with the blade. One can always use skilled warriors by his side. But one can never trust anyone can he?" Said Glicthor and went back to his tent quickly, hoping to leave Ares in bewilderment.

OOC: Is this alright Gonff?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

A chilly wind ruffled Moken's fur playfully as the red furred vulpine stood watch at his post unwaveringly. It had been a long night and the relief guard was late in arriving.
His eyes roving though the tree line he noticed a small shiny circlet made out of some kind of gray metal, it may have been at one time somebeasts ring long lost. Noting it's position Moken remembered it for later retrieval.
Shuffling his feet and adjusting his sword Moken glanced quickly over his shoulder, the relief guard was easily two or three hours late and counting, all that he saw was the few wooden shacks and the smoke from cooking fires. Moken personally couldn't blame them, this post on the edge of the village was one of the worst, lonely and far from any fires.
Scanning the tree line again a strange looking creature caught his eye, It was tall and long limbed, it had long pointy ears which was like nothing Moken had ever seen before. Trying to remember descriptions of the other species that had been described to him Moken raised paw.
"Hey there, er you rabbit, er what's your business here?" Moken called remembering what his sergeant had told him to say if any strange beast were to approach the camp.

OOC: If anyone's confused about the rabbit thing Moken is seeing a hare for the first time and like all vermin he calls him a rabbit. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Unimaginative

"What war? There's always a war. D'you mean with the Rockthrivers?"

Jukka the Sling

Ares glanced up at the taller wolf, slightly nonplussed. Was that a threat or not? Puzzled, the wolf walked back to the hut he shared with his sister, Briar.
-------------------------------
May finished eating, folded the map back up, and got to her footpaws. She stretched and glanced up at the sun, then continued walking.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Perfectly fine Delthion.

BIC: "Yes that war, but they will soon be attacking us. I feel the worst is in its way for us..."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Mask

The hunt had gone well.  A dismembered rat lay in the forest, without their organs. And now here was another hare for him to eat.Hare is an odd meat. Very sweet flesh but very chewy. Oh well. he thought. But I am pretty full, maybe I should just scare it?

He crept silently towards it. But just as he was about to touch it, a twig snapped under his foot. He bolted, the element of surprise lost.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock