News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Thirst For Adventure

Started by ShrewsForever, March 24, 2015, 09:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall swollowed the last few bite of his apple. He took the core and chunked it across the river, being careful not to hit Nutt. Following this he decided to get some talk going. He went over the water's edge and tried to talk with Aaron.
"Mornin' mate! How was brekest?"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Aaron shrugged. "Fine, matey, but it's not 'ard to catch a fish when you're an otter. Actually, there was more then a few good sized fish back there. Want one?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Nah, already had me an apple 'ew moments back. Tryin' t' stay hardy for the 'venture!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

Aaron nodded. "Whatever floats yer boat, matey. Well, I wonder where we'll e going next."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

Nutt looked after the raccoon confused. Who just gave away that much food like that? She shrugged and followed Acirema back across the river dropping the goose down on the bank. She had been hoping for an easy meal but this was the next best thing. She was not going to carry that thing around all day though.  She sat down and began to pluck the feathers, like a girl that plucks a daisy, and drop them in the water watching them float downstream. She soon got board of this though, giving up and just skinned the thing instead.

OOC: Can I steal some ones blanket.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Jjust rip off Marshall's cape.

Bic: "Well, I was 'opin' to go up North, 'cause I know most 'o that country."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

ShrewsForever

OOC: I've been busy all day. Deeply sorry.

BIC: Snap had dozed off while she was fishing around in the bag. With a jolt, the young mink sprang to attention. "Huh? What's going on?! Who stole my apples?!", she said loudly, still half asleep. After realizing what had happened, she blushed and said, "Sorry, I guess I'm just not used to getting up this early." She walked towards the river to splash some of the water on her face, hoping it would wake her up. "Nice going, mink genius!"

The Skarzs

Onagen watched the creatures on the bank of the river slowly start their morning. He had observed the group for a couple of days now, and it was definitely interesting, to say the least, especially with the squirrel aptly named "Nutt"; he would have to keep an eye on that one: she wasn't right in the mind.

The others were pretty normal in their actions, though Ona found it rather ironic, and slightly sickening, that the one fox wore a hat made of the skin of a beast like of the one he travelled with called Acerima.

He moved a bit closer, not unduly worried if he was seen, but not about to present himself; circumstances would tell. Besides, if he was seen, they might end up attacking him for his size and appearance.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Acirema had gone back to her boulder and was on the look out for more birds to strike. After several minutes, a small pack, no more than six, flew by. This was her chance. She aimed her well made cross bow into the air and fired. Down came a large, plump goose. Sadly though, it landed across the river. Why couldn't just land my her! Once more, she started on her trek to grab her meal. This time however, she tried to go unnoticed by Nutt. She made it to the side where her food was, soaking wet from the waste down. She felt uneasy being a little ways from the group. Anyways, she grabbed the goose and was about to head back, but noticed something large in the trees not to far off. Her instincts told her to run, but she wanted to know what it was. She set down the dead animal and slowly walked that way towards it.

OOC: Sorry Skarz if I got the location wrong.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

Fiver sighed slightly, he was used to being ignored and had never really cared to much. But with nothing else to do he reorganized his pack checked his rations and filled his canteen. Finished with these preparations Fiver twirled his staff pacing back and forth across the stream bank waiting for the others to finish with their morning procedures.

Bored he sat next to the fox Marshall absentmindedly swiping at flowers. "So what's the story?" The young mouse asked referring to the fox's tail stump.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

"Curious aren't ya? Well, I was abanonded as a 'mall child, so I had t' fight t' kepp me self livin'! Stole from lots o' places. Heh, the wretched creature. My nemisis, this racun' named Syroft, tried to fight meh. We 'ur  'nce buds, ya kneh, but we fot lots. Finally tho, we settled it up in the ol' Mounts. We both 'eat each oder uo pretty bad. When he cut off me pride and joy tul, I slammed this 'ere axe in his temple. Oh! 'E had no clue! So Oi skinned 'im and made me hat. Explain it well?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

ShrewsForever

Snap Springpaw was busy dunking her head in the river, but it snapped up when she heard a rustle in the bushes. The mink slowly stood up on her two paws (she was on four earlier) and walked toward where the sound came from, her paw on the hilt of her deadlycutlass in it's sheath and the other on the along strapped to her belt. Her muscles tensed and the grip on her weapons only tightened. Snap's sleep-deprived  eyes shifted this way and that, frantically trying to track the faint movement in the bushes.

The Skarzs

Onagen saw the raccoon creeping through the trees toward him, and he backed up behind the broad trunk of a tree opposite the curious creature. However, he stepped on a dry twig that snapped under his paw, which immediately alerted the mink by the water. Quickly and quietly as he could, the cougar climbed the tree to crouch on a thick limb before either of the beasts came to where he was previously standing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

ShrewsForever

OOC: Gotta go to bed soon.

BIC: Snap realized that this wasn't going anywhere and resumed a normal standing position.

"Care to show yourself, friend?"

Faiyloe

Nutt finished skinning and cutting the goose into portions when she realized she had nothing to carry them with. She looked up and saw Mashall not to far off with a nice cape. She ran up behind him with surprising speed and stealth and ripped the cape off running back to where she had been working grinning to her self. Before Marshall could catch her she ripped the cloak into several pieces and stared back at him defiantly.

Grace lay on her sleeping mat trying to get just a few more minutes rest but failed. It was cold and the ground was hard and the sun was starting to shine in her face. She sat up and rubbed her tired eyes, she had not been able to get to sleep till late and she kept waking up. She ran a paw threw her rumples fur and pulled out a leaf which had gotten caught in it. She tried to set it strait but failed. She sighed and straitened up stretching and rubbing her sore back and legs, she was not used to sleeping on the ground and she had been walking all day yesterday. She rolled up her sleeping mat and went over the the bank of the river splashing water all over her face arms and head straitening out her fur and cleaning herself up.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?