News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Downtown

Started by Kitsune, March 30, 2015, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

K'taah speed down the dark street in her sport bike. What a night to be alive! She loved nights like this. It was a nice relief from her life working in a department store as goody-two-shoes "Katrina". Ironically, it was the same store that she had stolen a purse from when she was younger. That was the start to her rowdy life. Rapidly approaching a slow moving car, she swerved and zoomed past it. She realized that it was an officer on patrol when she heard the telltale sirens that soon followed her daredevil pass. She felt a brief moment of panic, then smiled to herself. Let's have some fun. She sped up way past the legal limit, seeing the streetlights fly past in a blur. She suddenly leaned to the right and roared down a narrow alley. She turned left at the end of it, took a right at the next street, and then a quick left. Confident that she had lost the police officer, she slowed down. She laughed. That was the most fun I've had in weeks! She sped up a little. She had her fun, now she had to get back to her apartment before that pesky landlord noticed she was gone for too long.

Hickory

Lounging in a back alley, Fardan toyed with his rapier, watching the bike and police car go by in a blur. Only one fox woulld do that. Mentally calculating where K'taah and her un-pursued bike would emerge. He strode sedately to the area, putting the rapier in its sheath and touching the semi-auto under his jacket.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

BlueRose

Veroe smiled magnanimously at the secretary packing up behind the lobby desk as she swept out of the elevator and through the aforementioned lobby. With a nod to the overnight security, she sauntered out the large glass revolving doors of Silva Inc.

With a wave, she summoned her chauffeur who then delivered her to a nearby parking garage from which she reclaimed her personal vehicle to drive herself home. Upon reaching her apartment building, she handed her keys and a tip to a valet before going up to her rooms and beginning a long evening of posdibly nefarious phonecalls. and e-mails.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

LT Sandpaw

"Black sports motorcycle heading west down third changing to fourth. In pursuit, over." The sound of radio static and the transmission came from Arron's radio briefly before a new call came in. The gray squirrel ignored his radio at the moment much more concerned about what was going on in front of him.

"Sergeant Arron I just got your file from Internal Affairs and you seem to have an awfully high ratio of discharging your weapon. Your antics have gotten more then one creature hurt and you've received three gunshot wounds in your line of service. Not only that but you seem to have a death wish taking on some of the worst street gangs single pawed."
A large badger slammed down a thick gray file filled with everything Arron had ever done in his police career. The squirrel kept his face passive knowing the file didn't contain half of what he really got up to on some of his patrols.

"Chief I apologies for the uh, past events I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again." The squirrel said in a mocking manner cringing as the badger stood angrily.

"Sergeant if you weren't one of my best officers on the force I would be forced to dishonorably discharge you." He warned Arron. "As it is I simply have to relocate you for right now."

"Relocate me... sir?"

"That's right your patrols will now take place in the downtown area. You will join Detective Voc's squadrons in that location, you will have all the excitement you need." The badger said coldly knowing Arron was proud of his current position in the city. In truth the badger needed a officer like Arron in the downtown region, the crime rate had gone up considerably. A hot head like Arron would be very useful there.

"You will take a black and white with officer Kat who will be your new partner, she's a rookie and you'll be showing her the ropes. Do you understand sergeant?"

Arron looked skeptical, he was used to running the streets alone. He hadn't had many partners and the one's he got usually asked to be reassigned for a different partner after only a few days with the squirrel.

"Yes sir I understand." Arron said at last.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Fardan emerged from the back alley and saw K'taah speed by at a considerably less speedy pace. He watched the exhaust plume rise in the air before melting back into the shadows. His fertile mind went to work, figuring out what to do next. Sell his information on law enforcement? Practice his skills? So many choices, so much time. Suddenly, an idea came to his mind. A dark night, in a city of many secrets. Fardan grinned.

Kitsune

K'taah was getting close to her apartment. She slowed down a lot and turned her lights of so she would not wake anyone up; she had been kicked out of two previous apartment complexes due to her motorcycle's noise. She pulled into the lot in the back of the building and parked her bike in the correct spot. She got her keys out of her pocket, trying not to make too much noise, and walked quickly toward the back door.

Hickory

Sneaking steathily among the streets, Fardan arrived at the small shed he called home. The dilapidated outside appearance was not like the inside, however. The interior was lined with heat absorbing material, stopping any thermal scanners from telling if a beast was inside or not. Clicking on a Macbook, Fardan hurriedly typed in "Criminal gangs" in the search bar. Within minutes he had gathered all the information needed to run a mafia in the most quiet and efficient way possible. Farzan uploaded the information into a USB. Then he proceeded to hack into law enforcement databases, figuring out where and when the most nefarious criminals, thugs, hackers, and various outlaws were. He swiftly wrote down the names on a scrap of paper and scanned the list. Quite a few people he knew were on it. He tucked the paper in his pocket and turned back to his screen. At the end of his typing, three contracts are written to hire three companies to make things. Special things.

Fardan was making a criminal empire inside a plywood shed.

LT Sandpaw

The low sound of the engine at idle hummed while Arron watched the darkened street, tapping the steering wheel bored. His new partner Kat was a mouse, she was a small yet tough looking creature with real venom in her. He had asked how she managed to get a patrol job as a tiny mouse and she had nearly punched him in the face. All was quiet on the transmissions at the moment so Arron turned to Kat.

"So Kat, your my partner now so I should get to know you a little better. I have to ask the name Kat is a very strange name for a mouse what's that about." He asked smoothly trying to be nice yet still sound superior. The mouse turned and glared at him waiting a moment before answering.

"Its short for Kathrine, Kat is better then Kathrine even if its strange on a mouse, see." She snapped fiercely taking Arron off guard. The squirrel mused for a second before asking another question.

"I see, so why did you join the police force?"

"I had every door shut in my face, everyone told me I was to small to do anything I wanted to do so I proved them wrong now shut up." The prompt rudeness stung Arron. He had been on the force for many seasons and never had he seen a rookie tell a sergeant to shut up.

"What did you say to me?" He asked not sure what protocol was here.

"Shut up."

"I don't think your allowed to say that to me."

"I just did."

Arron decided to drop it, he considered for the first time if he would be the one signing up for a new partner.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

K'taah reached the back door, tried it, and found that it was locked. Dang it. She remembered the landlord warning her about locking the door when it was late. She smiled slowly. She could always climb up to her balcony, which had a door with a lock the same as her apartment door. She glanced up and spied her balcony, the second floor up. She ran to it and leaped, catching the lower railing, and hoisted herself up. Brushing the dust off, K'taah unlocked her door and strode in, proud of herself. She quietly closed the door behind her.

BlueRose

After finishing her evening's business, Veroe stretched out on her couch with a glass of grape juice to wait for a particular delivery....

OOC: dun dun duun!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Hickory

Fardan finally completed all his work. Now he needed to put things in motion. Glancing at the list of thugs, he dialed the number for the first name he saw. K'taah's number.

Kitsune

K'taah was unbuckling her boots when her phone started to buzz. She took it out of her pocket and glanced at it. Who would call me at such a time? She re-buckled her boots, stood up out of the armchair, jotted the number down on a notepad, hesitated, then tapped "Answer". "Hello? Who is this?" She said, keeping her voice down and trying to sound tired.

Hickory

Fardan, happy to get a response, replied. "I have no idea if you know me or not, but I know you. I've got a list of characters that I need here, and you're on it. I'm recruiting for a... group. I need a few different types of individuals, and you're the best biker in the streets. If you want action, I'm giving you an offer."

Kitsune

K'taah smiled. "Flattery never swayed me, sir." She had to admit that it did however make her more interested in what he was talking about. "What kind of... action... would I expect if I were to accept this offer?" She chose her words carefully in case this was some kind of ruse.

Hickory

"Let's say you'd be ferrying identities around town. At high speeds. And maybe a cop or two behind you.

"Don't get me wrong, I'd fully repay any.. injuries.. in the field. This operation isn't exactly legit. But I've gotta remind you, most of yours aren't either. I've seen the police records. Again, I don't want to make a threat. But I feel this is the job you want, K'taah."