News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Er, kind of.

I still think Gulo is THE scariest one.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Deyna the Warrior

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 31, 2013, 11:49:11 PM
Asmodeuses Cave.

Yes! That scene was terrifying. It would be scary enough with out the constant "Asmodeus...Asmodeus...Asmodeus.."
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312

Leatho Shellhound

Indeed, when you're reading it you feel like you are there your self, lost in darkness, the old poison tooth's name being whispered around every corner.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

That was in fact rather creepy. I find that seen rather memorable and well done though. I can't remember weather this has been said before (And it probably has) but when In Rackety Tam they find the remains of the squirrels...  :-X Not pretty.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

For me it was in Rakkety Tam where the members of the Long Patrol are eaten, but was most disconcerting about this was that they screamed, because hares of the Long Patrol do not scream for no reason.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tim Churchmouse

When I was seven, reading the bit in Mossflower when tsarmina blocks the javelin with a soldier quite disturbing because I was so young at the time.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Skyblade

Many of the things the vermin leaders did to their own horde members I found disturbing and simply cruel. I mean, it's bad enough to go harm innocent creatures, but to be so cruel to your own people? Somehow, I feel like that might be even worse. It must be tough to be a vermin horde member.

Quote from: Tim Churchmouse on August 30, 2014, 11:26:07 AM
When I was seven, reading the bit in Mossflower when tsarmina blocks the javelin with a soldier quite disturbing because I was so young at the time.

I was a teenager when I read that part and still disturbed.

The part in Doomwyte when Skurr tossed Sicariss into the lake, where she was caught by the giant fish, was pretty shocking. Goes along with what I said about the vermin leaders' sadistic nature.

I think the creepiest thing I may have read is the trio of snakes in Triss. Forget Asmodeus and Baliss. Three snakes attached together, like one giant, three-headed, serpentine dragon? That's unreal.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Doomwyte was full of more disturbing things then anyother book, though I have to say Urgan Nagru was disturbing... kind of.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ungatt Trunn

I found it a little unnerving when Razzid and some of his crew tortured that old otter (or so it was implied). I honestly don't remember anything that gruesome or cruel in the series. I mean, yes, Redwall is kinda known some for the war sequences which come with some rather gory deaths, but this one just always seemed... disturbing, you might say.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Skyblade

In my opinion, Doomwyte is the creepiest novel overall. The cave of Skurr was like something that walked out of a nightmare, and then you've got all the creepy birds and two evil snakes. Blodd Apis' death was kind of disconcerting as well. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on August 07, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
For me it was in Rakkety Tam where the members of the Long Patrol are eaten, but was most disconcerting about this was that they screamed, because hares of the Long Patrol do not scream for no reason.

Wait, they were eaten? Why? *Sob*

I think it's pretty creepy in Lord Brocktree, when they find the skeleton of one of the captains who was eaten by crabs.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Delthion on August 07, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
Wait, they screamed??? I don't remember that detail...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Banya

I used to get chills reading about how Beau and Vurg would dress as "Sea Bogles" in the night to frighten corsairs aboard the Goreleech in Legend of Luke, probably because I first read this scene at night with a flashlight.  I always found it somewhat creepy, yet this trickery is part of what makes this book my favourite.

Eulaliaaa!

I've always found that part in The Long Patrol disturbing. When the Redwallers are exploring the underground ruins of Kotir. There were the sightless, cannibalistic toads and the mudfish. I thought it was gross how they were eating each other and being eaten at the same time.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

I become very uneasy and mad with the stories when a badger lord single handedly slaughters an entire sea rat ship, too my knowledge it happens twice. One with Sunstripe better known as Sunflash and once with Rawnblade.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro